AMS SMIC or CS SMIC?

can anybody post a pic of the fans, just curious as to how much they are moved back on that side. come from above the smic straight down if you could. thanks in advance

Here are pics of before and after i polished the intercooler. It goes in tomorrow morning (cool)

Attachments

• SMIC1.JPG
    SMIC1.JPG
    178 KB · Views: 142
  • SMIC2.JPG
    SMIC2.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 129
hazeXban said:
Here are pics of before and after i polished the intercooler. It goes in tomorrow morning (cool)

Nice....what did you use to polish that? I want to polish my exhaust mani cover.

Mothers Mag and Aluminum Polish

Says perfect for all metals.

Just takes a lot of elbow grease!

Here are the pics of the SMIC with the old one. And you can see my polish job

Attachments

• SMIC3 (1).JPG
    SMIC3 (1).JPG
    241.5 KB · Views: 327
  • SMIC3 (2).JPG
    SMIC3 (2).JPG
    278.6 KB · Views: 305
  • SMIC3 (3).JPG
    SMIC3 (3).JPG
    244.8 KB · Views: 396
  • SMIC3.JPG
    SMIC3.JPG
    267.5 KB · Views: 397
I saved the pics for documentation pruposes. Nice job!
Mine will be shipped thomorrow. I Can't wait to get it!

Thanks and you wont be dissappointed at all. my car feels a lot faster hehe, and I am sure it is. Install time with doing the front motor mount was about and hour and 15 mins.

hazeXban said:
Thanks and you wont be dissappointed at all. my car feels a lot faster hehe, and I am sure it is. Install time with doing the front motor mount was about and hour and 15 mins.

I was tinking of installing it at the same time as I'll put my CAI back (removed for winter).

CustomMSP said:
Too cold to install?

Yes and since I have other mods on the way I'll wait to install them in "stages"

Stage-1: Boost and air/fuel gauges
Stage-2: Kartboy short shifter and bushings (both shifter and bronzoil) and catless-pipe (I'll be under the car anyway so...)
Stage-3: Reinstall the CAI and install SMIC
Stage-4: MBC (8.5psi) + NGK spark plugs

Total estimated: 200whp, 185lbs-ft for a total of 1000$ CAD.
It's the perfect setup to keep safe boost levels and not affecting the suspension/handling of the car.

And I won`t put another penny in it (unless something breaks). I want to keep it as my performance daily driver. Next year: project X (secret :p)

Last edited:
Hey Custom,
do you think I could get away with pulling that IC fan out? is it that major? i mean- a fmic has no fan behind it. and it doesnt look like the bumper impedes airflow too bad. BTW, Ive had Customs smic for a few monthes now and its probably the best thing ive bought yet for the car.

speedbeaver you may also want to consider hardpipes if you dont already have them for the upgrade smic...the stock ones are pretty crappy and dont hold solid boost that well...

QUick question, do the fans run at the same time? TO test and make sure the IC fan still worked after instaled I drove the car hard and only the IC fan came on, not the one by the AC CIcondenser, does that one only come on if the the AC is on?

atticus1398 said:
Hey Custom,
do you think I could get away with pulling that IC fan out? is it that major? i mean- a fmic has no fan behind it. and it doesnt look like the bumper impedes airflow too bad. BTW, Ive had Customs smic for a few monthes now and its probably the best thing ive bought yet for the car.

No, that fan is the main fan actually. I'm not sure why it's configured like that as the AC fan is more over the radiator than the IC fan.

DSMConvert said:
speedbeaver you may also want to consider hardpipes if you dont already have them for the upgrade smic...the stock ones are pretty crappy and dont hold solid boost that well...

You mean the boost is dropping, fluctuating, or spiking up? (don't want to blow my engine)

Back