Not to be Rude or Anything...

Here is one of the reason:

This picture was taken when I worked at a Honda dealership. This is the kind of thing that makes people hates Honda. Not really the car itslef but mostly the owner. BTW this car is a SI (American EX) with a SOHC VTEC. The wheels are Momo's 14" that have been beaten to death.

I could tell you tons of story like these I saw while working there.
I have nothing against Honda, they have nice cars, easily moded and all but as someone said everything has been done. People do crasy and questionnable conversion to their car because it's the only way to be really unique.

What I hate is kids with Civic's that think they are the s*** with their wing, big muffer tips and cut springs that ride with their seat reclined to the max and their baseball cap on reverse.

Simon

Attachments

• vtec.jpg
    vtec.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 113
Still have my H22A powered Prelude and I wouldn't get rid of it unless I absolutely had to. I love the car to death and only take it out about once a month. But when I do take it out I'm nervous about getting pulled over because I fit into a trouble maker category. I have never street raced and never will. I'm a shower not a goer!

fcc8dd29.jpg

fd3e4696.jpg

Mark

Allow me to douse the thread with some gasoline:

I usually have no feelings about cars either way, I *hate* the old civic hatchbacks.
Sedan/coupe is OK! It's just the old square hatchbacks that I hated... I simply totally disliked the way they looked; like, they had been rear ended by a truck or something!!

Anyone have a match? ;)

enry said:
Allow me to douse the thread with some gasoline:

I usually have no feelings about cars either way, I *hate* the old civic hatchbacks.
Sedan/coupe is OK! It's just the old square hatchbacks that I hated... I simply totally disliked the way they looked; like, they had been rear ended by a truck or something!!

Anyone have a match? ;)
Those are the only ones I like! The old CRXs and hatchbacks look great! It's the new coupes and sedans that look like crap. And the new Si hatchback, for that matter.

JasonH said:

Those are the only ones I like! The old CRXs and hatchbacks look great! It's the new coupes and sedans that look like crap. And the new Si hatchback, for that matter.

I never found the concept of not having a back to my car appealing...

xXMP5Xx said:

Im just curious as to what Hondas you are reffering to as to having to rev them up so high to get power. From my experience the only hondas i felt that didnt have any power until u hit the higher rpm band were the SOHC VTEC d16 which still didnt have all that much power, also the DOHC B16 i dont think has that much power till around 5k rpms when vtec kicks in. But the B18 which is the ls has power all the time as well as the H23 which is from a 92-96 prelude. The H22 (97-01 prelude) has power in low rpms as well and really starts to pull hard when u hit 5200 and VTEC kicks in. I will also assume the same with the S2000 although i havnt riden in one yet. But i mean i have also never ridden in a MSP :( or a MP3 :( for that matter im only comparing to my MP5

I do believe you have the engines/years reversed. I am pretty sure the H22 was in the 92-96 and the H23 was in the 97-01's. I would agree, the H22's have pretty decent power all the time, I have never driven an H23 powered car. My buddies girlfriend has a GSR powered CRX and that thing friggen' hauls. I have also driven an S2000 and was very impressed with the way the car felt. I downshifted from 4th to 5th at 75 MPH shot me to just over 100 MPH in a very brief time. If I could have justified a $560 a month car payment, I would have it in my garage now, but it is not :(

peace
Griff

Mark94 said:
Still have my H22A powered Prelude and I wouldn't get rid of it unless I absolutely had to. I love the car to death and only take it out about once a month. But when I do take it out I'm nervous about getting pulled over because I fit into a trouble maker category. I have never street raced and never will. I'm a shower not a goer!

fcc8dd29.jpg

fd3e4696.jpg

Mark

Why are you in the "trouble maker" category?
Where in NJ ya from?

I think people hate hondas just because it's trendy to.

I don't mind Honda's, I just don't like how some people screw up a nice car :wtf: . I would not mind having a 98 Civic SI in electric blue soo much potential, or even a 91 CRX for the same reason.

Look at my signature and my avatar....90 Honda CRX

I'm a devoted and loyal Honda owner (I love the Mazdaspeed too, don't get me wrong), but I have to agree with everyone here, and in fact, I hate what Honda means now-a-days. And everyone's reactions such as "I hate Hondas" and then follow it up with something like "well, they are nice cars, but look at this one with the ____ (insert chrome rims/wing/ground fx/stickers/clear or altezza taillights/coffee can muffler)...and it's sounds like a lawnmower"

They are all over the place, and it's way too easy to buy stuff for it to "look" fast and sound loud...but very few people out there actually care enough about them to make them appreciable....either by doing something to actually make the car faster or handle better, or better yet, do nothing to it!

I will never get rid of my CRX unless there is no other option...I've spent way too much time rebuilding the car from the engine to the suspension to the body...but it looks stock other than the slightly lower stance and the tinted windows. I just hate the stigma attached to owning a Honda.

If you want to check it out you can view my website at
JesseR's CRX Website

The body of the car is in a little worse shape cause of an incident with a deer. The site is a work in progress and there will be much more on the Mazdaspeed in the near future too.

I don't really hate Civics, I just hate them out of jealousy:p because all the parts out there are for honda's. That combined with the fact that if you own one, it's pretty hard o do something unique because everyone has one. That's the beauty of the MP3, MSP, and P5. They're not seen everyday and I love the attention my Vivid Yellow MP3 gets. I can't wait till I get some money to mod it a little. :mad: Friggin taxes killed me this year. Anyhow, here's my old 97 EX Coupe that I traded in to get my MP3. Good Ol' EK Coupe and here's the link to the rest of the pics of my old ride Clubphoto Link

Kooldino said:

Why are you in the "trouble maker" category?
Where in NJ ya from?

I'm in the trouble maker category because I drive a fixed up Honda even though I'm 26. Unfortunately Honda's carry the stereotype of young kids peeling out on public roads, speeding and endangering the lives of innocent people. Most of the kids who drive Hondas are like this and it gives people like me who just like to mod cars and enjoy car a bad rep. I've never street raced and never will.

I'm from Southern Jersey in Burlington Twp.

Mark

ZoomZoom said:

I do believe you have the engines/years reversed. I am pretty sure the H22 was in the 92-96 and the H23 was in the 97-01's. I would agree, the H22's have pretty decent power all the time, I have never driven an H23 powered car. My buddies girlfriend has a GSR powered CRX and that thing friggen' hauls. I have also driven an S2000 and was very impressed with the way the car felt. I downshifted from 4th to 5th at 75 MPH shot me to just over 100 MPH in a very brief time. If I could have justified a $560 a month car payment, I would have it in my garage now, but it is not :(

peace
Griff

Nope i have the engine codes and years correct. The 92-96 prelude had the H23 which was a 2.3 non vtec motor (some later came with VTEC) the 97-01 prelude has a H22 which is a 2.2 VTEC motor. Click here to see for your self. The 92-96 prelude si/se is the usdm prelude the other are jdm.

I do not know about all of you but i love the civic hatches and this is a perfect example of one.

Attachments

• wetoddimage.jpg
    wetoddimage.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 111
XMP5X is right about the engines.

In the US, Prelude engines are as follows:
S model - F22A1 OBD I engine (135 bhp)
Si model - H23A1 OBD I engine (160 bhp)

1993-1995
VTEC model - H22A1 OBD I engine (190 bhp)

S model - F22A1 OBD II engine (135 bhp)
Si model - H23A1 OBD II engine (160 bhp)
VTEC model - H22A1 OBD II engine (190 bhp)

1997+
VTEC model - H22A4 OBD II engine (195 bhp, 5 extra hp was massaged out of in improved exhaust manifold)

Mark

Damn This should be the EX-Honda board lol!! I had a 92 Si with some stuff done. Loved the car but i got offered too much cash when i bought this car and sold it.

I gotta get in on this thread. My CRX had just been painted a week before someone hit me and totalled it. I loved the car so much, I went right out and baught another one. I'm on my 2nd CRX, and have built 2 for friends. Lookin to purchase a 91 Si Hatch in a few weeks. On to the next subject. I love my Speed, there is nuttin like it. I want to buy another want just to experiment on. Wish I could, but I can't. Just wanted to post up and say I DON'T hate Hondas...Later,

Mark94 said:
XMP5X is right about the engines.

In the US, Prelude engines are as follows:

1993-1995
VTEC model - H22A1 OBD I engine (190 bhp)

S model - F22A1 OBD II engine (135 bhp)
Si model - H23A1 OBD II engine (160 bhp)
VTEC model - H22A1 OBD II engine (190 bhp)

1997+
VTEC model - H22A4 OBD II engine (195 bhp, 5 extra hp was massaged out of in improved exhaust manifold)

Mark

Yea, my bad, I automatically assumed that we were talking VTEC engines, because that is the main focus when you talk Honda engines. I stand semi-corrected. :'(

peace
Griff

Back