HiBoost install - Greddy Type-S + BPV (no 56k)

CasopoliS

Contributor
:
05 Legacy GT, 06 Accord SE, Civic
Got 'er done! Took all day, but you will see why. Here are some things I did differently:

1) Welded nipple on Turbo --> IC pipe for stock BPV
2) Drilled and tapped same pipe for Boost Controller nipple
3) Welded and painted bracket for radiator - looks bad up close
4) Took off WHOLE bumper (including foam and black bumper itself), heated and re-shaped it so the "L" pipe would not bump or hit it while driving
5) Hid blue neon inside the lip to shine on the IC at night - hooked into parking lights
6) Polished heatshield - looks like mirror (you can see camera's reflection in image)
7) Tapped BB line twice, ran dedicated vac line to both Greddy and BPV
8) Re-ran stock BPV vac line from it's source directly to my boost controller valve (using new vac hose) - now everything has its own vac source
9) Trimmed bumper (took 3 "pillars" out), but left in the stock tab holders to use for next custom grill
10) Got bolts for heatsheild to look better with polish
11) Ran heater hose from new nipple, under coolant tank, under Injen, around.....f*** it ....ust look at the picture - stock BPV install is clean
12) Re-mounted my Boost Controller valve and ran all new lines
13) More than I needed to

All whistle, no turkey. Pulls through low RPM wonderfully. Can adjust Greddy however you want....still no turkey.....and never a threat of stalling. Rarely I will get very slight turkey at beginning of blow-off....but for a milli-second...and very rarely. Only one listening hard can tell. You chop a turkey's head off it will still run around.....

Anyway, enjoy the pictures. I shrunk them all for you, and spent forever uploading them on imageshack.

Bad pic at night:

DSCN0348.jpg

BOV, BPV, HKS EVC III valve, etc, etc

DSCN0376.jpg

Blurry pic of nipple for BPV hose. 3/4" steel tube welded to pipe, can't see unless you look for it...

DSCN0351.jpg

Picture of the brass nipple for boost controller valve

DSCN0352.jpg

BB taps....ugly.....will cover this up somehow....

DSCN0371.jpg

Random....

DSCN0354.jpg

Bad pic of front end w/o bumper...

DSCN0360.jpg

Radiator bracket, only looks bad up close....

DSCN0362.jpg

Heatshield....you can see the camera....need I say more....

DSCN0370.jpg

Front end with bumper....tabs will be shaved down but still used for custom grill....note the neon and matching HIDs :)

DSCN0373.jpg

Another front-end shot....

DSCN0374.jpg

Showing off hood with new IC, looks very agressive

DSCN0367.jpg

Hmmmm.....kinda like a before and after eh?

DSCN0366.jpg

Looks like I need to make a new sig now too......

Oh yea....those with the VIS hood.....don't make a radiator bracket like I did. The hood hits anything you add on that sits higher than stock, its rediculus. I messed with that bracket 3 times (re-cut, re-welded, etc) before I could get the hood shut. Its shuts, but still hits.....ah. I am making a new stainless steel bracket that runs from stock IC bolts across. This will also be polished and might put some logos on it for show.

Last edited:
I thought I could save the weight of the two screws that hold the IC in place by just using twine.....

Those are not holding my IC. Those could never hold my IC. They held my wheel-well plastic inserts from catching wind as I drove it without the bumper. I only had to drive up the road, but if wind catches those it will send them right into your tire wich could ruin them. I was looking ahead thats all. They are long gone.

Last edited:
Well, honestly.....the piping alone actually holds the IC in place quite well. I had to unscrew the IC for a second while I put the bumper back on....it didn't budge.

tekkie said:
hey looks very good man ;)

thanks, and BTW....where can I get Dave B rings? Do people still sell them? Last I knew it was a 'run-out' group buy. I noticed you had them by your sig. Thanks.

It's hard to tell where exactly you put the nipple for the BPV. WHICH IS GOOD, but... Can you put an arrow or something in one of the pics from the front so I can see how far over on that pipe you put it?

Looks awesome. Still no stalling/turkey? How's the drivability? What's going on with the "surge of air" you were talking about?

Surge is gone. Maybe it was ECU issue and it has changed....who knows. I do not know much about ECUs acutally. No turkey....no stalling whatsoever. The nipple is on the curve pointing downward. I wish it would have pointed downward a bit more actually. Its kinda like a shot in the dark unless you can install it, make a mark on the pipe, then pull it off and weld the nipple. Pictures can be seen on my reply further along in this thread.

Last edited:
TigrMsP said:
It's hard to tell where exactly you put the nipple for the BPV. WHICH IS GOOD, but... Can you put an arrow or something in one of the pics from the front so I can see how far over on that pipe you put it?

Looks awesome. Still no stalling/turkey? How's the drivability? What's going on with the "surge of air" you were talking about?

Here are more detailed pictures. On the pictures, the red arrow reffers to the direction of the nipple, and the blue arrow reffers to what direction would have been optimal. On the picture with a drawn nipple....this is also the desired angle. Its really hard to tell. Just hold the "U" pipe up to your car and image what is going to "land" where after install....and make the angle of the nipple so it doesn't hit the fan or the coolant tank. Unless you can install, mark, uninstall as I mentioned earlier....its a guess. Mine worked well....could have been better.....but that is generally the case.

Pictures are large....no shrinking for detail.

Attachments

• DSCN0342_2.JPG
    DSCN0342_2.JPG
    356.3 KB · Views: 256
  • DSCN0348_2.JPG
    DSCN0348_2.JPG
    165.7 KB · Views: 275
  • DSCN0345.JPG
    DSCN0345.JPG
    331.6 KB · Views: 278
  • DSCN0368_2.JPG
    DSCN0368_2.JPG
    268.5 KB · Views: 281
Looks great!!! I am about to do the same thing. I ordered my hiboost fmic kit a long time ago with the HKS BOV and do you all thing the greddy type-s will fit there?

warrier04 said:
how'd you get your heatshield so purrty?

Polished it. Easy with polishing disk attached to grinding motor. Put on the polishing disk, buff off the brown-ness, then put buffing/polishing compound on the wheel and do it again. 10 minutes.

You will like the Greddy. Under full boost it whistles sooo loud and is very high pitched. Under normal driving its great....just enough to turn a few heads. I am getting very used to it.....

Its getting cold in Ohio.

Last edited:
Back