zoom zoom boom...

:
2001 Mazda Protege MP3
Was driving my mp3 down the freeway the other day and it started humming then BOOM tink tink tink. It started smoking and everything. So I got out and popped my hood and this is what I found under my exhaust manifold. I'm not boosted btw. I think I'm gonna find a new block and crank and do a forged rebuild.
20130121_161633.jpg

20130121_161657.jpg

So instead of selling the car I decided to keep it. I can get a block for free from my little brother so that helps a ton. So far I have ordered .040 wiseco pistons, molnar technology rods, oil and water pumps, head gasket kit, timing kit, stage 1 spec clutch kit and just bought a crank from my buddy. Will be picking up wrx injectors tomorrow. Still need to order the bearing set and some other little things. I'm excited to finally get this car the way I want it. Thanks to *************.com too. They have great prices, if u haven't checked them out, u should :)

you are the guy from the facebook group. Glad to see things working out. By the way, if you haven't noticed, that site is blocked out as a result of him being banned from here for some time now. But everyone knows about Sam. Great guy with great customer service and one of the most knowledgeable protege tuners/builders out there

Very Upset to hear.

I am going to subscribe and if you have any specific questions about the rebuild let me know.

Thanks guys! I have been reading up on the doc b oil pump a little and also about removing the oil jets. Lots of mixed opinions about taking them out or leaving them in. The shop that is doing my brothers car took his out but it hasnt been finished up and driven yet to see if was good without. I read if we take them out then there is more oil pressure down at the bearings. On the flip side mp5t said they have a valve and dont open until around 47lbs I believe. Lots to think about for sure.

Bought another crank the other day. Will require some machine work but oh well. Also went and bought a bnib hks bov for 90 and some subi 440 injectors for 50.

I havent posted in awhile but the mp3 is back up and running. I have about 2k on the rebuilt motor. Its snowy here so i might wait until spring to boost the car. Seems to pull really good and runs really smooth. All i need to boost now is that weird little oil feed thing that goes on the back of my block (any help on that is appreciated) and a couple intercooler pieces. I got my turbo mani ceramic coated black and it looks sick, cant wait to install it. I also have a huge fmic, ssafc to tune and a bunch of other little goodies. After driving my little brothers speed protege one thing i really regret not getting is an LSD. That is gonna suck when im on 14lbs. Its already a traction nightmare and its not even fast. It just doesnt pull out of corners how I would like it. Maybe with tax returns I will purchase an Mfactory but we will see. I will be running an evo 3 16g turbo on it so hopefully I have a good spool time.

Back