Avoidin Deer

Zoom Zoom, baby
Contributor
:
Central Virginia
:
2019 CX-5 Reserve
You know you bought the right car..

...when there's nothing on TV, and it's a nice summer night out, so you take an hour's drive through the countryside.

I'll clean the bugs off tomorrow.

Last edited:
Yep! Something I enjoy doing quite a bit! :)

Last time I enjoyed driving a car just for the fun of driving it was when I had a Bugeye Sprite...especially on nights like this.

Of course, the 2.5L has a little more pep than that cast iron 948cc engine...and it's a lot quieter, too.

I just may make a habit of this.

Last edited:
... when you look back at it everytime after you've parked it. (as they say)

additionally for me:
... when at home I occasionally pop into the garage just to have a look at it.
... when I take the scenic route every weekend drive.
... when I still give it a wash/clean knowing the forecast is rain.

This:
... when you look back at it everytime after you've parked it. (as they say)

and this:
... when I take the scenic route every weekend drive.

I can't count the number of times I've gone well out of my way when coming home from running errands, or gone to a remote part of the surrounding counties just to let NAV/Shortest Distance dictate my drive home.

I learn all the routes, especially the scenic ones. Many scenic drives not 10 minutes away from me. Good for clearing my mind when I need it.

I did that a lot in my z06 and 370z and other sports cars. Not my cx5. Its fun, and I like it, but its not "drive for no reason fun", more like "i dont mind driving 40 miles to work each day fun".

...when there's nothing on TV, and it's a nice summer night out, so you take an hour's drive through the countryside.

I'll clean the bugs off tomorrow.

CX-5 is a great compact SUV, no doubt about it. If you've got the extra cash, buy a Miata as well :)

So excited to put my "fangs" back on tomorrow. :D
I love my black on black winter wheels, but I miss the fangs.

Pulling out of the work parking lot last night, no one letting me out. Come on people!
Finally... a black 2016 CX-5 let me in. Very nice.
I was like "damn, thanks sexy!"
#Bros #TeamBlack

CX-5 is a great compact SUV, no doubt about it. If you've got the extra cash, buy a Miata as well :)

If I had another reliable vehicle and the cash, I would be driving a new Miata and not a CX-5.

No doubt about it.

I did that a lot in my z06 and 370z and other sports cars. Not my cx5. Its fun, and I like it, but its not "drive for no reason fun", more like "i dont mind driving 40 miles to work each day fun".

I hear you.

Part of my pleasure driving is born of being retired and in the country. I tell folks the "local" McDonald's (12 miles up the road) is always crowded because we have no movie theatre or bowling alley.

But the GT-R is a nice car to drive.

I wouldn't be motivated to take such drives if I had bought a Hyundai.
And I likely would be taking more of them if I had a Miata.

If I had another reliable vehicle and the cash, I would be driving a new Miata and not a CX-5.

No doubt about it.

I would love to have a Miata, but having sat in many at the dealership, it's just not comfortable for my long legs. Really wish Mazda would add just a bit more room.

I would love to have a Miata, but having sat in many at the dealership, it's just not comfortable for my long legs. Really wish Mazda would add just a bit more room.

A big [overlooked] segment of the SUV market is people my age. As alluring as sports cars are, Baby Boomers don't want to be climbing out of low-to-the-ground vehicles at this stage of our lives (although if I had the bucks, I sure would have one as an occasional driver).

I was walking into a restaurant a while back, and a banana-yellow Firebird pulled up to let out its passengers. My initial thought was high school kids out for the evening. As I turned to walk in, I heard a loud "Uuuunnnnh!!" behind me.

I actually laughed because I knew what that grunt meant. I didn't even have to look.

A big [overlooked] segment of the SUV market is people my age. As alluring as sports cars are, Baby Boomers don't want to be climbing out of low-to-the-ground vehicles at this stage of our lives (although if I had the bucks, I sure would have one as an occasional driver).

I was walking into a restaurant a while back, and a banana-yellow Firebird pulled up to let out its passengers. My initial thought was high school kids out for the evening. As I turned to walk in, I heard a loud "Uuuunnnnh!!" behind me.

I actually laughed because I knew what that grunt meant. I didn't even have to look.

LOL! I'm only 28, but I have really bad knees, so trust me, I make the same grunt trying to get out of low to the ground cars. Part of the reason I bought a CUV. I grew up with Jeeps which were even higher off the ground LOL!

LOL! I'm only 28, but I have really bad knees, so trust me, I make the same grunt trying to get out of low to the ground cars. Part of the reason I bought a CUV. I grew up with Jeeps which were even higher off the ground LOL!

I've owned everything from a '63 Continental to a '59 Austin Healey. I once pulled up to a traffic light in my Sprite and picked up a dime off of the street merely by leaning over and grabbing it...I didn't even loosen my seat belt or open the door. I drove a Coca Cola truck for a living when I had that Sprite...the daily transition was "interesting."

I've exclusively driven pickup trucks since 1989, so like your Jeeps, I cannot imagine sitting any closer to the pavement than a CUV puts me. When I was growing up, most folks my age were driving "boats." Now it's pickups & SUVs.

I hear you.

Part of my pleasure driving is born of being retired and in the country. I tell folks the "local" McDonald's (12 miles up the road) is always crowded because we have no movie theatre or bowling alley.

But the GT-R is a nice car to drive.

I wouldn't be motivated to take such drives if I had bought a Hyundai.
And I likely would be taking more of them if I had a Miata.

Agreed. You live a lot closer to town than I, but I share your sentiments exactly!

Back