• Welcome to Mazdas247, the 24/7 Mazda Community and Resource. Learn about the benefits of becoming a Member here.
  • We're an Amazon Associate and eBay Partner. We earn from qualifying purchases.

Yellow Speed coilovers on MSP

zuku26

I Save Lives Biotch!!
:
spicy MSP
I figured I would just start a new thread since the other one is labeled BC coilovers...
I just finished up the hour long drive home which was mixed traffic and open freeway along with some city streets with potholes.
My first impression is great. The car handles fantastic is much stiffer in steering and turning feel but really isn't as harsh of a ride as I had expected. In fact it feels better and smother. The car itself now feels like I'm riding on rails and the turns are so much more crisp. Makes you feel like your footing is much more stable on tight fast turns. I'll be able to add more to this as I relearn how to drive this car since I've been away from her driving a huge old pick-up for the past 5-6 weeks, Once we get back into harmony I'll be able to tell you guys more about what her footing really is plus she needs an alignment badly!!. All in All Great choice!!! I'll post pics in a bit I really want to go back out and drive some more!!!!!!!!

:
mazdaspeed 6
Not the samething for the speed 6 , the front is #1 but the rear is too soft , Yellowspeed will make a custom rear coilovers for me with a 8KG spring rate and a reworked valving system . Hope this will be fine on the Speed 6 . Need to wait another month for their Factory delay .

Last edited:

zuku26

I Save Lives Biotch!!
:
spicy MSP
So far nothing but great things to say. I needed to run specers in the front do to some rubbing at full turn but that has now been fixed. I just need to install the endlinks and get a wheel alignment and we will be able to really test how this thing corners hard.
I have a thread in the MSP section on these.
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123782663

Pics and all

:
mazdaspeed 6
You have the premium competion valve right ? What is your dampenig adjustment ?

I have the Dynamic pro sport and i run them at the Maximum (33) so ......

I think i will order 4x Premium insert .

zuku26

I Save Lives Biotch!!
:
spicy MSP
Too be completely honest I have no clue which one is on and what the settings are. I do remember Ken mentioning everything is about half way, cause lower would be too low and stiffer would be wwwwaaaaaayyyyy to stiff for a daily driver.
Maybe Ken will chime in with what I'm set at. I should get some specs of some sort when they do my alignment monday or tues.

:
mazdaspeed 6
Too be completely honest I have no clue which one is on and what the settings are. I do remember Ken mentioning everything is about half way, cause lower would be too low and stiffer would be wwwwaaaaaayyyyy to stiff for a daily driver.
Maybe Ken will chime in with what I'm set at. I should get some specs of some sort when they do my alignment monday or tues.
That is what i need because right now i'm at the maximum for the 4 corners and it's okay for daily driving but on the track the Dynamic pro sport will be too soft . So hope to receive a good offer on 4 insert from Ken .

zuku26

I Save Lives Biotch!!
:
spicy MSP
this may be dumb but how did you order them didn't see them on protege garages website
Are you asking me or Blackwidow??
I think Blackwidow is the Canadian Tester for the MS6
I guess I'm PG's tester for the MSP...LOL Or it kinda worked out that way...LOL

zuku26

I Save Lives Biotch!!
:
spicy MSP
I finally got my wheel alignment today. Much better. My drivers rear wheels is finally back where it should tucked inside the well instead of rubbing on it!! The end toes was way in so now that is better as well. Now that I can actually test it on right hand turns I'll give some impressions after this weekend. Then I'll install some endlinks and reattach the front and rear sways and give my final impressions. As of right now I'm a very happy man!
Here is acopy of my wheel alignment spec sheet incase anyone cares.

zuku26

I Save Lives Biotch!!
:
spicy MSP
Just contact Ken (Owner of PG) directly at Either
Phone - (847) 736 1635
Email - ProtegeGarage@gmail.com

That number is his cell so you can text or call and leave a message
or email him he will respond to any of those ways quickly since they all basically go directly to his hip...LOL

:
mazdaspeed 6
Yes , i want to buy 2 front Premium competition insert etc ... but no reply from him and no reply from Yellowspeed ......

zuku26

I Save Lives Biotch!!
:
spicy MSP
How did you contact Ken and when. He's got some things going on that I'd rather not put out there but either way he'll get back to you. he responds to Texts and e-mails pretty quickly but keep in mind it is now the weekend and off "normal" business hours.
I say "normal" because he is the only vendor that I have ever known to reply to a text or e-mail at 2-3 am

Last edited:

zuku26

I Save Lives Biotch!!
:
spicy MSP
That's strange I just talked to him today.
Who did you get the CoilOver's from?

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
I finally got my wheel alignment today. Much better. My drivers rear wheels is finally back where it should tucked inside the well instead of rubbing on it!! The end toes was way in so now that is better as well. Now that I can actually test it on right hand turns I'll give some impressions after this weekend. Then I'll install some endlinks and reattach the front and rear sways and give my final impressions. As of right now I'm a very happy man!
Here is acopy of my wheel alignment spec sheet incase anyone cares.
i don't see the specs... i just aligned mine and wanted to compare P5 and MSP specs.... i have -.7 degrees camber front and -.8 on the rear. our rack measures toe in degrees not inches... but but i have .13 degrees toe out front and rear... and man does it feel planted. can't wait til i save up enough for the MSP swaybar kit....

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
oh and i had my rears just tucked as they were set out of the box. i raised it up a bit so the gap front and rear is even now. better for winter i think. and the dampening is set 8 clicks from soft on the rear, 12 from soft on the front... just like the little booklet said. feels way better than the crappy worn stuff i replaced.

Latest posts