xxr 530 wheels will they fit?

Big Ds mp5

:
2002 Mazda protege5
Hey guys im in love with these wheels but dont know if they will fit. There 17x8.25 . Im not sure what tire size or offset to get either. My car is at stock height. I do plan on a roll and pull on the fenders. Will i be ok? Any suggestions and advice would be great. Thanks

you will have to get 45mm offset minimum for it to clear the strut(if its stock style, coils may be different), or more (i.e 40mm, 35mm) i'm not sure what options you have. and yes you will for sure need a fender roll and a bit of a pull at 45mm without extra neg. camber.

Ok im not really ready for camber yet. I cant afford new tires all the time from camber . The next wheel size down is 17x7. I like the stretched tire look and prob more flush look. Do you think i can achieve that with 17x7?

Actually toe would kill your tires more than camber. I'm running yellowspeed coilovers with rims that are 17x8.5 offset is 48 all around and I needed a 8mm up front and 5mm in the rear to clear the struts. I'm running -.5 camber in the front and about -1.5 camber in the rear. which I believe is close to stock specs, I'm not sure though. I had to roll the rears and the fronts I rolled and pulled. I really think you'll be ok with a 17x8.25 with a roll, it just depends on what offset you get. Post specs once you find out and plenty of people on this forum can help. Research too though.

you won't be able to pull off a fitted/stretched look with a 17x7 it will just look dumb, and you will have to find super skinny tires, which will be impossible to find.

camber doesn't wear out tires. as long as the toe is set properly you should be fine. people always talk about "camber wear" but really its because they get a half ass (or no) alignment job doen after slamming and lots of negative camber, then it wears the shoulders of the tire because the toe is out of whack.

you won't be able to pull off a fitted/stretched look with a 17x7 it will just look dumb, and you will have to find super skinny tires, which will be impossible to find.

camber doesn't wear out tires. as long as the toe is set properly you should be fine. people always talk about "camber wear" but really its because they get a half ass (or no) alignment job doen after slamming and lots of negative camber, then it wears the shoulders of the tire because the toe is out of whack.

Listen to 00bluees, he is right...lol i didnt notice the op asked about 17x7. You would need a 165/40 tire to notice stretch on a 17x7. Those tire sizes are hard to find...so I would say stick with somthing 8" and above if you want to stretch.

Thanks for clearing that up for me guys i feel better about the camber now. And ill be getting the wheels i asked about. Can i achieve the desired amount of camber with stock components or do i need to buy anything else before hand. Thanks again guys

Back