XEDE Engine Management System Available Soon!!!

Bigg Tim said:
So while you were on the dyno tuning, was 12.3 were it made it's peak power? I would have thought that these motors can run a little leaner due to the direct injection. I know with the protege's the max power was around 12.2 to 12.3

in theory they can run leaner but it doesn't mean that they will make more power with the leaner mixture it just means that it will have more detonation resistance with leaner mixtures that a port injected setup.

Also keep in mind that even though it is DI, they are using a higher CR so the possibility of running leaner is being instead taken advantage of by increasing compression.

Anon Y Mous said:
I'll be running this also but I have a fe more mods.

I'll be sure to make my maps available as I'm pretty sure more people will end up with builds like mine (stock turbo + bolt-ons) than anything else.

MS intake, ATP downpipe, TMIC, XEDE will be my set-up for a while.
I'm in this camp too. I want to get as much power out of the stock turbo, with high reliability, AND keep the factory warranty intact. So gotta have the Plug n Play XEDE !!!! Probably get the TMIC too! Maybe get the downpipe too. Waitin to see some dyno number from other people and saving up some $$$$$ for mods. The future looks bright - Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!! ZoomZoom:)

Last edited:
Nice updates guys.

Those are indeed promising numbers (remember Dyno Dynamics, not DynoJet)

Looking forward to what you get when everything is worked out.

Im waiting for the green flag (dyno) and Im buying it.(if it gives you at LEAST 40hp + gains)

any tuning needed at all?

do you have to turn it on and off every time before you drive?
is it easily reversable for going in for work

elderlycoffee said:
any tuning needed at all?

do you have to turn it on and off every time before you drive?
is it easily reversable for going in for work
No
no
about 20 minutes.

Captain KRM P5 said:
i am of the same mindset on this turbocharger's efficiency, yet some VW and Audi guys keep telling me its capable of more. i haven't seen any particular charts or numbers so until i do i'll reserve final judgement. at least its not a k03 :)

I believe the MS6 is running on a K04-22. The popular "K04" swap on B5 Audi S4's are indeed K04's, however substantially larger. I can't speak to the VW's, but S4 stock K03's are the size of the MS6 K04.

Someone here in San Antonio has kindly offered to let us borrow his car. When he can make it out here, we should be able to get it done in one day.
Hopefully in the next two weeks!
Stephanie

Just a quick update. I got the car back from the dealer on Friday night. We had our Jr. High State wrestling championships weigh ins on Friday night then a 6:15 AM Sat coaches meeting. We were there until 5PM or so with our team (my son took 7th place out of 17 at 167lb class - not bad for a 6th grader against all 8th graders). My throat was killing me Friday/Sat and Sunday I woke up with a wonderful sinus/chest infection. I've been home sick since. :(
I'll get better soon and start working on the car again.
Mike

4DRHTRD said:
Just a quick update. I got the car back from the dealer on Friday night. We had our Jr. High State wrestling championships weigh ins on Friday night then a 6:15 AM Sat coaches meeting. We were there until 5PM or so with our team (my son took 7th place out of 17 at 167lb class - not bad for a 6th grader against all 8th graders). My throat was killing me Friday/Sat and Sunday I woke up with a wonderful sinus/chest infection. I've been home sick since. :(
Mike
Why was your car at the dealer?

Captain KRM P5 said:
Through our partner ship with BEGi, we'll be sending a willing volunteer to thier shop in texas to fit and tune a Vishnu XEDE engine management system to the Mazdaspeed6. ProtegeGarage will be the exclusive reseller for XEDE systems on these cars and the results are promising.

Fitted to a Mazdaspeed3, this system gave the car a whopping 290whp and 310lb/ft of torque on the dyno with no other modifications. The system has been used to great effect on the Mazdaspeed Miata and we expect the same from this system on the MS3/MS6. From BEGi's miata features and descriptions;

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]XEDE[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] is the most user friendly engine management available! It plugs directly into the stock ECU and requires no tuning. The [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]XEDE[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] comes pre-programmed for your application.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]How does the [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]XEDE[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] work?
It is wired into a wire harness that plugs into the stock ECU. It intercepts signals to the ECU. For example, by intercepting the crank signal, the
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]XEDE[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] can advance or retard timing. By intercepting the load signal, the [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]XEDE[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] can make fuel mixtures richer or leaner. It remains under closed loop during idle, and goes open loop under boost. [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The MazdaSpeed Miata (MSM) [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]XEDE[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] also allows the user to control the boost levels.

Installing the
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]XEDE[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]....
This is probably the easiest aftermarket performance part you will ever install on your car! The hardest part is installing injectors, and that too is not difficult. Once the injectors are installed, plug the
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]XEDE[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] & wire harness into the stock ECU. Turn the key on. Turn the Key off. Start the engine. Rev the engine, watch the LED light turn green, and you are ready to drive. The MSM requires a new wire installed to the boost solonoid. It's so simple, even Stephanie could install the injectors and figure it out! No broken nails either.

Practical Information...
What is more practical than get in and drive? Forget tuning the car every time you drive it or the weather changes. Short of getting struck by lightening, the
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]XEDE[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] won't fail. It will be the most reliable piece of hardware on your car.

The
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]XEDE[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] cannot change the rev limiter on any Miata.

The
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]XEDE[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] can be used on ALL Miatas.
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
The MSM
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]XEDE[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] will illuminate the check engine light. It changes the stock ECU boost and TPS signal. [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please contact us for more information[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] on OBDII inspection. Black tape covers the CEL. The MSM [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]XEDE[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] comes with 440 cc Injectors.

The 1999+ turbocharged and supercharged Miata's have passed OBD II and Emission Inspection in Texas.

The Xede has been installed on the 2006 MX-5!
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]XEDE[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Technical Specifications
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
  • 1200 possible adjustments
  • 0.1% accuracy on MAF, MAP, and TPS adjustments
  • 0.1degree accuracy on timing adjustments
  • Direct plug-in wire harness (no cutting or splicing required)
  • Fully sealed, rugged, and lightweight housing
  • Support for hall and reluctor type crank and / or cam timing signals
  • Support for analog or frequency MAF and MAP / load signals
  • One additional 10-bit analog input
  • One auxiliary digital input / output
  • Internal storage space for up to 12 tuning maps
  • Built-in boost control (MSM only)
  • Built-in knock signal adjust feature (MSM Only)
  • Self-configurable load axis, input and output variables, adjustment range, and math function for each map
  • 'Map Select' input to change between one of two unique tuning maps
  • Bi-color status LED

will this chip work in the cx-7??? Thanks im interested!!!

spike blue said:
will this chip work in the cx-7??? Thanks im interested!!!

we need a test vehicle to fit it to, so if there are any CX-7 owners in texas willing to take a day i'm sure we could get it on there with ease

4DRHTRD said:
Mike

DAM!!! Your son weighs more than me...lol

let me know if the test car doesnt come through, i am willing to donate my car if need be. i also was the first to offer my car for the fmic and emailed corkey and received a response from him saying he would get back to me a few weeks later once he had time to start on the project, but then he never got back to me even after i emailed him to inquire again. (dunno) either way, i am extremely interested in this unit.

Last edited:
Leonardo said:
let me know if the test car doesnt come through, i am willing to donate my car if need be. i also was the first to offer my car for the fmic and emailed corkey and received a response from him saying he would get back to me a few weeks later once he had time to start on the project, but then he never got back to me even after i emailed him to inquire again. (dunno) either way, i am extremely interested in this unit.
He has been tied up in a few international projects the last few months. I am interested. Please call me!
Stephanie

Back