XEDE Engine Management System Available Soon!!!

I'll be running this also but I have a fe more mods.

I'll be sure to make my maps available as I'm pretty sure more people will end up with builds like mine (stock turbo + bolt-ons) than anything else.

MS intake, ATP downpipe, TMIC, XEDE will be my set-up for a while.

Anon Y Mous said:
I'll be running this also but I have a fe more mods.

I'll be sure to make my maps available as I'm pretty sure more people will end up with builds like mine (stock turbo + bolt-ons) than anything else.

MS intake, ATP downpipe, TMIC, XEDE will be my set-up for a while.
I should be re-tuning mine soon. You can get the map from me and make some changes from there.

I will have similar mods.

Nutari, did Steph say anything about a newer version of the Xede?

I'm being left in the dark and I'm not getting a response on my emails.

280 awhp converted to dyno jet = 336awhp approx... at almost 18 psi this is not bad. Still a little low however when properly tuned with this turbo should be around 360's - 380's at 18 psi. Don't be discouraged this is on track. Also AWD dyno's vs. FWD dyno's are different so 288 in a MS3 on a stock turbo would be approx 10% or more lower on the MS6 given the AWD making it approx 260's with Exede. But thats just my thought I could always be wrong.

Last edited:
DotNet said:
280 awhp converted to dyno jet = 336awhp approx... at almost 18 psi this is not bad. Still a little low however when properly tuned with this turbo should be around 360's - 380's at 18 psi. Don't be discouraged this is on track. Also AWD dyno's vs. FWD dyno's are different so 288 is a MS3 on a stock turbo would be approx 10% or more lower on the MS6 given the AWD making it approx 260's with Exede. But thats just my thought I could always be wrong.
I wouldnt even by this thing if it came with a map that made 260whp. Not for a $1000. I know what everyones thinkn....you can tune it...yeah well Id have to drive almost 2hrs to get to a dyno and then pay them $150 per hour to tune car theyve never had in there shop....bottom line it would probably cost me around $1500. I enjoy toyn with my car but not that much....It better come with around 280whp at least or Im out till it does.

We will know more when the tuning is final at the top end. Tim and Corey had to stop due to bad weather. We have been buried under ice for the last 2 1/2 days.

The dyno it was run on is a Dynodynamics. It has a Dyno jet right next to it. This particular dynodynamics will read 18% below the dyno jet. Also, I was expecting to see different dyno numbers here versus in Arizona. I would expect them to be lower to compensate for altitude and humidity.
Stephanie

k-lea said:
Nutari, did Steph say anything about a newer version of the Xede?

I'm being left in the dark and I'm not getting a response on my emails.
Sorry for the delay in response. We have gotten 2 days off due to ice and road closures. I have not been able to get to e-mail until this evening.

The 06 Mazda's use a different model Xede. Yours is an H12 and these cars use an H model. The main difference is the internal board. :)
Stephanie

Still working on it, something is making it hold boost to 26 PSI!!! With cutout closed it maxes at 17 PSI.
12.8 AFR at 26 PSI vs steady 12.3 with 17.
I've got to get the boost controller working correctly to get this thing to do it's best.
I'll post progress as it happens.
Mike

if your boost level varies with the cutout being open or closed logic dictates its directly related to the cutout. this is not too uncommon but to spike THAT high is pretty crazy, cutout or no. on turbo RX7s if you ran an open or more open exhaust the boost would sail past the limitations of the ECU. seems like a drastic difference in backpressure and overall breathability. 12.8 is about as lean as i would run at WOT on a boosted car.

So while you were on the dyno tuning, was 12.3 were it made it's peak power? I would have thought that these motors can run a little leaner due to the direct injection. I know with the protege's the max power was around 12.2 to 12.3

If 12.3 is where you hit max power, I would fatten it up a bit for a better safety margin. I know here in AZ, I never ran leaner than 11.8 due to the heat.......that was from a tuner here that knew more about cars and the heat effects then me.

Yes, Tim from BEGi was tuning for 12.3.
I'm adding a water injection setup soon to make it safer that will engage from the XEDE.

jcgemt2003 said:
I wouldnt even by this thing if it came with a map that made 260whp. Not for a $1000. I know what everyones thinkn....you can tune it...yeah well Id have to drive almost 2hrs to get to a dyno and then pay them $150 per hour to tune car theyve never had in there shop....bottom line it would probably cost me around $1500. I enjoy toyn with my car but not that much....It better come with around 280whp at least or Im out till it does.

How much power does a Hitachi-Warner K04 make at max boost? Im pretty sure the power wont get a whole lot better with tuning alone...

I also believe this turbo is very close to maximum boost efficiency already so squeezing another 30awhp out of it is probably all your gonna get unless you start replacing every restrictive part on the car. Then maybe you can get an additional 60awhp.

This package(Exede) is a solution and foundation for every step that takes place to increase overall efficiency and power as factory tunes tend to be very rich and limited.

It is a must have (or at the very least some EMS) for any mods to perform the way they should. The fact that the overall tuning experience will be bypassed because individuals paving the way and making maps so we can just download and burn to our ecu is the value.

Last edited:
DotNet said:
How much power does a Hitachi-Warner K04 make at max boost? Im pretty sure the power wont get a whole lot better with tuning alone...

I also believe this turbo is very close to maximum boost efficiency already so squeezing another 30awhp out of it is probably all your gonna get unless you start replacing every restrictive part on the car. Then maybe you can get an additional 60awhp.

This package(Exede) is a solution and foundation for every step that takes place to increase overall efficiency and power as factory tunes tend to be very rich and limited.

It is a must have (or at the very least some EMS) for any mods to perform the way they should. The fact that the overall tuning experience will be bypassed because individuals paving the way and making maps so we can just download and burn to our ecu is the value.

i am of the same mindset on this turbocharger's efficiency, yet some VW and Audi guys keep telling me its capable of more. i haven't seen any particular charts or numbers so until i do i'll reserve final judgement. at least its not a k03 :)

I sent an email on the borg warner site asking for specs but they did not know. He said the specs they have on their site are general for a K04 and that with different trims, you can get more out of a K04, but he did not say how much. I will be sending 4DRHTRD's turbo to MPI to get re-worked, hopefully I'll have specs on what's in the turbo now.

Back