WTS Mazdaspeed Protege5

Status
Not open for further replies.

noob2protege5

:
protege5
Sold

Selling the Mazdaspeed Protege5

I bought it 5 years ago from the original owner in New Mexico. The car was in California until 2 months ago, when I moved to Raleigh, NC. There is no rust and never driven in snow. It has 113600k miles. In summer of 2011, the engine, turbo and transmission was rebuilt. The butterfly screws in the intake manifold en-jested into the engine. I had an engine outsourced when I bought a core for the turbo and we rebuilt the transmission. The details of all the parts are as follows.

Stock car:
113600k miles
5 speed Manual
sun roof
no-abs
factory added auto-dim/temp rear view mirror
working spare tire bass box
removed the side molding
no-smoking
no pets
no children
no accidents
no lean (I have the title)
Synthetic oil changed regular basis

Upgrades:

Mazdaspeed ECU with updated flash
1999 1.8L protege ignition coils and Plugs
2 pod pillar with Boost Guage and PLX
PLX DM-100 includes, Wideband O2 and OBDII reader. The Model and all features are here
Ingen Hardpipes intake
Turbo Garrett GT2554R that is brand new as of 2011 with about 5k miles on it.
TurboLife front mount Intercooler
welded onto turbolife greddy blow off HKS
Relocated MAF after blow off valve
Stock intake manifold that was port matched and mild polish. Removed the offending VTCS butterflies (I kept the hoses and external adapter so it looks like they are there for state inspection) and then lock-tight and JBWeld on the screws for the VICS butterflies.
Head has been rebuilt by engine builder. It has port and polish, valve job with all new hardware, Forged piston and rods with 9:1 ratio, balanced crank with oversized bearings, adjustable cam gears. Has about 5k miles on engine.
External oil cooler/radiator
Speedsteed exhaust manifold
Custom S-Pipe (Have no idea which brand. It came with the turbo kit)
Magnaflow high flow cat
Racingbeat cat back exhaust (same muffler and tip that comes on the stock Protege MP3. Looks really nice)
Rebuilt transmission including new syncros, upgraded to the GTX 3rd gear, Taller 5th gear swap for lower RPM at highway speed, and an MFactory diff with 4.687 final drive and ARP bolts.
Short shifter with delrin bushing shifter links
New front axle bearings
Mazda6 front brakes calipers (GPZB-33-98ZD and GPZB-33-99ZD from a 06-07 Mazda6)
Mazda6 front brake pads
Slotted and drilled front brake disks
Enki RP-F1 17x7.5 bright silver wheels with 205/45ZR -17 Continental ExtremeContact DWS XL, bought them May 2011.
Carbon Fiber reverse cowl hood painted to match. (don't know the brand, bought it used in California)
Racing Beat rear sway bar
Heim joint endlings
Rear sway bar relocation kit (no-clunk kit)
Tokico Illumina white shocks and spring kit (TOK-ILKP-ILK248-001) No leaks and rides awesome
Sony CDX-GT81UW Stereo
Sony iPod adapter
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)
Keyless entry/Alarm by hornet
Nite Lite automatic night time headlights (I never have to worry about turning on or off the head lights. They stay on for a couple of minutes at night after locking the car)
Shark Fin antenna painted to match.
DaveB cluster rings and polished cluster bezel (See picture below)

Problems:

Something, maybe the exhaust, makes contact with the body when turning left. It makes a clatter, which if sitting in the passenger seat, you can feel it on the foot well.
The valve cover needs to be replace to the stock 1.8L protege to make the ignition coil conversion complete Link
Random misfire on cylinder 4. For the most part, it doesn't effect cruising, but will sometimes effect acceleration.
The rear sway bar Heim endlinks rattle. People comment thinking that something is loose
Hairline crack in windshield. Another rock hit on windshield.
Front bumper has epoxy from the now removed and destroyed front poly lip. Here is what it looked like.

Miles.JPG

Rear.JPG

Engine.JPG

Front.JPG

I'm looking to sell as is. Asking 5000

I also have a Haltech Sprint 500 with the plug-n-play wiring harness. This is/was the next step to getting the car done. I'll throw this in for a small charge.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back