Would I be happy with this combo

:
CX9 Sig CX5 Sig
SU Test Pipe 2.5"
Cobb MS6 Intake(when it comes out)
ETS TMIC

Haven't had the car long and I already want more power, but then again even if I had gotten an 06 GTO w/ 400hp I would still be wanting more. I kind of want mods I can easily undue when I visit the dealership, but I also want mods that get me the best bang for the buck. I want to start off slow and get use to this car.

Test pipe would be kind of a pain to take off for the dealership. I think you can put the heatshield from the stock catalytic converter around your test pipe to make it look stock though. Might want to look at getting a forge bypass valve to replace the stocker which is known to leak / not hold boost very well.

Thats almost the same setup I will be running shortly, if I can't persuade myself to stop modding.

The test pipe is actually really easy to take off/put in, once you initially do it. I can prob do mine in 5 minutes, including jacking up the car, as long as the exhaust is cool.

When I had my test pipe in, I could feel a butt dyno difference .. nothing major, but def more midrange. Then I put the Fujita intake on, and noticed a slight difference (not as much as the test pipe). The intercooler should be the biggest power gain of them all.

I would say that is a pretty safe setup. Dealer wise, the test pipe and intercooler may have to come off for dealer visits. Just do your own oil changes from now on.

Latest posts

Back