• Welcome to Mazdas247. Membership is free and offers many benefits, please Click Here to learn more, thanks!
  • Mazdas247 is an Amazon Associate and earns from qualifying purchases.

worried about low profile 18" rims on 2018 mazda3 touring rough ride/weird size

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 Sport
(i apologize in advance for the double posting. i should have posted to this forum instead of chat. mea culpa)

i am worried about the low profile 18" rims on 2018 mazda3 touring adding to a slightly rough ride/weird size

i'm looking at picking up a 2018 leftover mazda3 touring hatch.

i drove a friends for a brief time and was impressed enough to head to a local dealership (nyc metro) and see what i can find.

but i am worried about the low profile 215/45R18 wheels.

i have read some terrible reviews about the dunlops 5000 oem tires, especially in rain and snow.

plus the 215/45R18 is a goofy size.

and i thought the tire noise was evident and contributed to a slightly rougher ride.

i think i rather have 17" wheel with a higher profile tire for a slightly softer rise and a more available size tire.

maybe even use 16" alloys.

i welcome any and all thoughts from those with more experience than me.

thumbs up.

rob

:
2014 Mazda3 S GT auto, 2008 MX5 6-speed
(i apologize in advance for the double posting. i should have posted to this forum instead of chat. mea culpa)

i am worried about the low profile 18" rims on 2018 mazda3 touring adding to a slightly rough ride/weird size

i'm looking at picking up a 2018 leftover mazda3 touring hatch.

i drove a friends for a brief time and was impressed enough to head to a local dealership (nyc metro) and see what i can find.

but i am worried about the low profile 215/45R18 wheels.

i have read some terrible reviews about the dunlops 5000 oem tires, especially in rain and snow.

plus the 215/45R18 is a goofy size.

and i thought the tire noise was evident and contributed to a slightly rougher ride.

i think i rather have 17" wheel with a higher profile tire for a slightly softer rise and a more available size tire.

maybe even use 16" alloys.

i welcome any and all thoughts from those with more experience than me.

thumbs up.

rob
See my post about Pirelli tires.

Latest posts

Weekly Poll: Interested in the new Mazda3?

• Yes

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • I’d prefer a CX-30

Votes: 4 19.0%