Wish List

kudakev615 said:
carbon hatch and rear parcel shelf please

5-10 people would buy that. no one would ever make a full CF hatch replacement, so it's 100% for looks and looks alone.

magnumP5 said:
Bump for a great guy (first) . Anyway, I'd really like to see a TRUE 2.5" full exhaust/catback for the P5. Companies like Vibrant and GHL have larger diameter exhausts for the MSP (which will also fit on the sedan) but nothing for the P5. Thermal Research and Megan Racing say they have catbacks that are 2.5" but they're actually 60mm like the Corksport (2.375"). I just don't want to have to get something for the MSP and have som muffler shop cut it down to size - more welds = more rust and so on.

When exhaust sizes are mentioned ... it's usually in OD.
2.5" exhaust would have a 2.375" ID with a 1/16" wall.

metallargy said:
When exhaust sizes are mentioned ... it's usually in OD.
2.5" exhaust would have a 2.375" ID with a 1/16" wall.
Yeah definitely true in most cases but some exhausts are true 2.5". I believed I measured my MAM midpipe to be exactly 2.5" ID. I also know some of the exhausts for the MSP are the same way. I just wish we had a TRUE 2.5" ID so I don't have to go buy one for the MSP and hack it up.

Sounds like a lot of work on your part ... and pretty expensive, too.

When you buy exhaust components, they're made for 2.5" OD piping. That's just the standard. You can, however, weld the pipes up buttjoint style in order to make resonators, mufflers, etc work. But the inside tubing on some of those will still be less than 2.5".
Of course, some mufflers will have bigger or smaller piping on the inside ... if the same case is used for multiple applications.

If you want bigger than 2.5" OD, they do offer 2.75" exhaust ... but it's a specialty size, and relatively expensive as far as exhaust.
I purchased a 2.75" SS section for IM project ... and it was more expensive than 3".

Not sure about MAM's midpipe ... but if they're made from standard exhaust components, it's probably only 2.5" ID at the flanges.
Most flanges have lots of extra room around the ID of the piping. It allows for adjustment in some cases, but makes it more difficult to weld. Too much slop. A flared end of a pipe, however, fits snugger than the pipe itself; makes it easier to weld.
Then again, I haven't seen the midpipe in person.

Back