Wiper Blades not made for a 2018 CX5?

:
2018 CX5
Time to replace the front blades but it seems none of the major manufactures of replacement blades make them for the CX5. For those with a 2017-2018 CX5 have you replaced the blades? Who made them??

A number of posts on this in recent days. Bosch makes some. Search the forum for model numbers. I believe I saw Trico/Napa did some too.

Ok , thanks. I just took a closer look and the arm does not have the usual J-hook but something I have never seen before. Looks like I just need to change the rubber inserts.

Ok , thanks. I just took a closer look and the arm does not have the usual J-hook but something I have never seen before.

Correct. But the OEM-specific arms ARE available from non-OEM manufacturers.

UPDATE: Here I did a quick search for you:

Ok , thanks. I just took a closer look and the arm does not have the usual J-hook but something I have never seen before. Looks like I just need to change the rubber inserts.
Yes gen-2 CX-5 uses proprietary hook which is a little difficult to find right now. If you’re satisfied about the performance of these OEM “beam” wiper blades, you can try cheaper rubber inserts. Since there’re so many complaints on gen-2 OEM wiper blades, you can also try Bosch AeroTwin part # 3397014398 which comes with 24/18 pair. Bosch AeroTwin series are designed to exactly meet OEM specs, hence no special hook adapter is needed.

2017 CX-5 GT wipers sucks...

Since I haven't been able to get new inserts yet and the drivers side is not moving smoothly over the glass (skipping), I took the insert out and reinserted it the opposite way. Works fine now! Short-term fix.

Since I haven't been able to get new inserts yet and the drivers side is not moving smoothly over the glass (skipping), I took the insert out and reinserted it the opposite way. Works fine now! Short-term fix.

Sometimes the simple fix is the best fix.

The real problem is the blade does not park in a unloaded position off the glass so the rubber gets a set with the parking pressure over time making it skip.

The real problem is the blade does not park in a unloaded position off the glass so the rubber gets a set with the parking pressure over time making it skip.
And I always lift and re-sit the wiper blades making the rubber inserts parked in different direction to offset such problem.

Just an update. Found the Rain-X Latitude Blades fit. Got them at Walmart for $16 each. Make sure PTA is listed on the back of the package, and when you install them use the directions for NARROW PTA. Still hard to get on especially the passenger side. But they seem to work fine!

Just an update. Found the Rain-X Latitude Blades fit. Got them at Walmart for $16 each. Make sure PTA is listed on the back of the package, and when you install them use the directions for NARROW PTA. Still hard to get on especially the passenger side. But they seem to work fine!
For $16 EACH on Rain-X, I’d definitely get cheaper OEM style Bosch AeroTwin blades part # 3397014398 which offers no-hassle installation.

A36CBA6F-F7A0-45F6-B1CD-AB8A0510E09E.jpeg

Chiming-in from the CX-9 side of the forums. I searched in vain for replacement wiper blades on Amazon and ended up just going to my local dealer. $10 each for the blades. Took about 60 seconds to install.

Thanks for the post. It got me thinking: Is this a case that we search in vain for aftermarket options when the dealer OEM parts are a good price or only marginally more expensive?
You need to be aware that there are people who say the OEM wiper blades (beam style on 2017 - newer CX-5) do not perform, especially in snow. So, many here are looking for anything but OEM.
FWIW a summary of the OEM (dealer) options is below. There is blade insert option for the front wipers. Heck, I wasn't aware that the beam style blades had a replaceable insert. I'll have to look into that for the ultimate cheap replacement option. List prices are shown - but you'll probably be able to find these for less from online sources:
OEM options 2017-2020 CX-5:

KB7W-67-330B Front left blade $22 list

KD2W-67-330 Front right blade $15 list

TK48-67-333 front left blade insert $9 list

TK78-67-333 front right blade insert $8 list

KD47-67-330 rear wiper blade $17 list

G22E-67-333 rear wiper blade insert – rubber portion only $6 list

KD47-67-332 rear wiper blade “plate” – metal rails that run on each side of the blade insert $10 list

Last edited:
The OEM blades lasted me 1.5 years but if the rain X I just installed don't last any longer than that then next time I am going to just get blade inserts from the dealer for $17/ pair.

The OEM blades lasted me 1.5 years but if the rain X I just installed don't last any longer than that then next time I am going to just get blade inserts from the dealer for $17/ pair.
With my last 3 CX-5's, and the OEM wiper blade assemblies, I prefer just replacing the inserts with the OEM inserts.

Whenever I notice windshield wipers degrading, first I wipe and clean the blade inserts twice with isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol. You will see all of the debris (oil, exhaust, road dirt, bug guts, nuclear fallout, etc.) as well as the degraded and oxidized old rubber come off of the insert onto your cleaning towel. Those alcohol cleansing cloth from the Dr. office or first aid kits work great, and typically I can clean them 2 or 3 times over several years before the blades need replacing.

Aftermarket blades I have noticed can sometimes come coated in shiny teflon or graphite type coating that works good, but can not be cleaned or resurfaced as I do with the plain rubber inserts.

Just so it does not get lost in the shuffle, folks have found direct-replacement (Mazda connector) wiper blades at NAPA. The going opinion is that they are made by TRICO. And if there's a problem, you can actually walk in and talk to a human being!

Trico makes "ExactFit" wiper blades for the 2017 CX-5, reasonably priced and they're available on Amazon. Click HERE for the Trico part numbers. NAPA has them too, are NAPA branded, but made by Trico.

Back