Wiper blade replacement

FWIW, I just received my complete set of Mazda wiper blade rubber inserts so I thought I'd share a picture in case anyone needs the part numbers.

Rear blade is on top, driver side is in the middle and the passenger side is on the bottom.

FWIW, I just received my complete set of Mazda wiper blade rubber inserts so I thought I'd share a picture in case anyone needs the part numbers.

Rear blade is on top, driver side is in the middle and the passenger side is on the bottom.

Thanks! Good info. I haven't had any issues with OEM blades.

great picture. thank you.

Try this.

Screen%20Shot%202014-09-02%20at%204.03.53%20PM.png

I replaced mine today with OEM wiper refills. I didn't take pictures but good pics on how to remove assembly here

http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/Mazda-CX-5-Windshield-Wiper-Blades-Replacement-Guide/

Very easy to replace blades. You will notice that blade is notched on one end. Just pull on far end and it will let go.. or help it along at notch point.

Once it is out of notch it will easily pull out. The refills I got didn't have the metal frame pieces so I re-used in replacements. Then just reverse procedure and slide refill back in. It really is pretty easy to do and I am sure I have made it sound kinda convoluted.

Am I the only one to have noisy wipers? Not the blades squeeking but the motor making a clicking noise when the blades hit the leftmost position. It drives me nuts.
I know I didn't buy a Bentley but I still I expect a quieter car than what I got for $32K.
Rant over.

Am I the only one to have noisy wipers? Not the blades squeeking but the motor making a clicking noise when the blades hit the leftmost position. It drives me nuts.
I know I didn't buy a Bentley but I still I expect a quieter car than what I got for $32K.
Rant over.

You might want to have dealer check it out.... no clicking noises even on my "old" '15 :)

I've only had the car for three months, and today is the first day the wipers were ever used, but they were silent.

Rant over.

Look around for debris. The wiper notches tend to collect leaves and small twigs...

Thanks everyone for your input. No debris visible so I'll take the car to the dealer to have it fixed and have my rearview mirror tightened up cause it's a little loose and it wobbles.

Thanks everyone for your input. No debris visible so I'll take the car to the dealer to have it fixed and have my rearview mirror tightened up cause it's a little loose and it wobbles.
Coincidentally I also just noticed the inside rearview mirror is wobbling on our CX-5 last weekend. Please let us know if it's really just needing to tighten up some screws or something else after your dealer visit.

Where'd you order your inserts from? Looking to buy some myself :)

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Did anyone notice this? Recently we had some rains and the rear wiper worked but obviously left muddy those areas it did not wipe. I noticed there's around 2 inches on top till spoiler. I had an extra 16-in blade and tried it. WORKS PERFECT and gives me 2 INCHES EXTRA COVERAGE AREA!!

Last edited:
Did anyone notice this? Recently we had some rains and the rear wiper worked but obviously left muddy those areas it did not wipe. I noticed there's around 2 inches on top till spoiler. I had an extra 16-in blade and tried it. WORKS PERFECT and gives me 2 EXTRA COVERAGE AREA!!

Nice tip. But how does it look? Is the blade hanging out or is the wiper arm long enough to cover it?

Back