Windshield wiper defrost position

iluvmacs

:
2003 Protege ES
Is it me, or the protege? I can't get the wipers to move a few inches and stop so that the defroster can warm them up? Every other car I've driven will let you hit the mist on the stick briefly, and the wipers will move a few inches and stop.

I've seen a lot of people pull the wipers away from the car when they have to park outside in the winter. I guess there's no other way to fix them when stuff starts freezing.

It can be done by slowly moving the stick back to the off position. Not really an intended feature though.

I've found the best way to warm up the wipers if they are frozen to the windsheild is the stand up on the roof and just piss down on the wipers, they usually defrost pretty quick.

iluvmacs said:
Is it me, or the protege? I can't get the wipers to move a few inches and stop so that the defroster can warm them up? Every other car I've driven will let you hit the mist on the stick briefly, and the wipers will move a few inches and stop.

I've seen a lot of people pull the wipers away from the car when they have to park outside in the winter. I guess there's no other way to fix them when stuff starts freezing.
It can be done. Just that you need perfect timing. Practice makes perfect :)

It's easy to do this trick with the rear one, so the defroster can melt the ice off. Ive never had to this with the front ones. Why don't you just get winter wipers?

Thanks for the replies.

jlanger - honda civic / accord, toyota camry / celica, dodge caravan, subaru impreza

micah - how about YOU piss on my windshield before i get to my car so that they're already defrosted?

douggie - I'll keep trying i guess. I got really good with my last car. I could get them a quarter-way up the windshield.

ottawaP5 - no rear, I have the sedan (ES).

iluvmacs said:
Thanks for the replies.

jlanger - honda civic / accord, toyota camry / celica, dodge caravan, subaru impreza

micah - how about YOU piss on my windshield before i get to my car so that they're already defrosted?

douggie - I'll keep trying i guess. I got really good with my last car. I could get them a quarter-way up the windshield.

ottawaP5 - no rear, I have the sedan (ES).
PM me your number - and if I ever find myself around your area - I'll piss on your car for you

Back