Windshield washer fluid spray issue

My windshield washer fluid will not spray. I used compressed air in the nozzles to possible free up any clog.
Still not sorayimg, should I try a pin to free any clog in the nozzles?
Any help would be appreciated.
Or should ibfindca mechanic.
Nanc

See if you can hear the washer fluid pump working from outside the car, but DO NOT raise the hood while testing this. On some cars, running the windshield wipers while the hood is raised will cause contact with the hood and wipers, resulting in paint damage to the hood. I don't know if this is the case with the Mazda3 (what year do you have, btw?).

Anyway, see if you can hear the pump working. If you can't hear anything, the pump may be busted. Otherwise, I'd suggest cleaning the nozzles with a pin, and if that doesn't work, try cleaning the nozzle with CLR (but be careful as CLR shouldn't be used on plastics or painted surfaces).

Thank you my nazda is a Mazda G3 2016
So I will try your suggestions.
Using the compressed air probably didn't do anything?
I will try a pin, then maybe CLR but how can I use that, a syringe maybe?

Nanc

Thank you my nazda is a Mazda G3 2016
So I will try your suggestions.
Using the compressed air probably didn't do anything?
I will try a pin, then maybe CLR but how can I use that, a syringe maybe?

Nanc

The compressed air may not have done anything if the build up is too great. For the CLR, I would just try a cotton swab or cotton ball dipped in CLR, then rubbed on the nozzle for a minute or two. That should be enough to loosen any mineral deposits on the outside of the nozzle. You can also try cleaning the inside/back end of the nozzle, but to do that, you'd probably have to remove the nozzles from the car.

How cold is it? Is it possible that washer fluid may have frozen in the lines?

Usually even if clogged, you get a bit of a drip. If you are getting nothing at all, I would suspect a bad motor.

Ideally, you would verify voltage at the washer pump. If there is no voltage, a fuse may be blown. If there is voltage, then it could very well be a clog.

I am pretty sure the wipers and the pump are on the same fuse so that would mean the wipers wouldn't operate either if the fuse is blown

...makes sense.
Sometimes we can steer our answers one way or the other if we know how old the vehicle is. So please, those who have not done so, update your profile content to include your car's year and trim level.

Back