Votes: 13 36.1%
  • I want an Electric Mazda2, 3, 6 or Miata

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
:
Denmark
:
CX-3 Optimum Aut.
I test drove the MX-30 yesterday. Excellent build quality and a real upmarket interior. Soundproofing is also good.

I kinda like the fake engine noise they've put in, it's not loud, just sort in the background and I find it non-intrusive but it gives this perception of an actual engine.

Ok acceleration, remember it's only a 140hp electric motor, but it works as it should.
Rearseats are ok but getting in an out will take some getting used to. There's buttons on the back of the drivers seat, to move the seat forward/backward and reclining the back (only with electric dirvers seat), so the passenger in the back can have more space to get out. And the buttons only work when car is turned off.

I can see this as our car number 2 and primary drive-to-work car (I drive 2 x 35 km every day).

Antoine

Administrator
I test drove the MX-30 yesterday. Excellent build quality and a real upmarket interior. Soundproofing is also good.

I kinda like the fake engine noise they've put in, it's not loud, just sort in the background and I find it non-intrusive but it gives this perception of an actual engine.

Ok acceleration, remember it's only a 140hp electric motor, but it works as it should.
Rearseats are ok but getting in an out will take some getting used to. There's buttons on the back of the drivers seat, to move the seat forward/backward and reclining the back (only with electric dirvers seat), so the passenger in the back can have more space to get out. And the buttons only work when car is turned off.

I can see this as our car number 2 and primary drive-to-work car (I drive 2 x 35 km every day).
Wow, you’ve actually driven one, thanks for sharing that experience with us here, much appreciated!

The MX-30 sounds very promising based on your first hand impression...Are you seriously considering purchasing one now that you’ve test driven one..?

:
Denmark
:
CX-3 Optimum Aut.
Wow, you’ve actually driven one, thanks for sharing that experience with us here, much appreciated!

The MX-30 sounds very promising based on your first hand impression...Are you seriously considering purchasing one now that you’ve test driven one..?
We're not looking for a second car at the moment but if/when we do, the MX-30 is very much in the running. We don't need an electric car with high range, like a Tesla, so the MX-30 would actually fit quite nicely.

But I get it's not for everyone. It is more of a lifestyle car than many other electric cars, if you know what I mean. You don't buy it to get a flexible, roomy car with high range. It's more of a semi-luxury 2 person car for driving locally.

Antoine

Administrator
I believe I just spotted one in a Mazda Dealer here in Japan. It was just a glance but I’m pretty sure that’s what I saw...Exciting!

Antoine

Administrator
Follow up post...

Note this is the Hybrid version, it appears there will now be three versions if I'm not mistaken...A hybrid, an all-electric and an electric with range extender. Seems like not all markets will receive all versions or at least not at the same time.

I looked at one at the dealer, back seat has little to no leg room, I would only put small children back there. The dashboard seems more "low rent" than the CX-5.

I wouldn't be interested in one.

mazdadude

ZOOOOOOOOOM ZOOOOOOOOOM
:
'16.5 Mazda CX-5 Touring
I foresee a naming problem a lot of people are going to confuse the cx30 and the mx30

Antoine

Administrator
I looked at one at the dealer, back seat has little to no leg room, I would only put small children back there. The dashboard seems more "low rent" than the CX-5.

I wouldn't be interested in one.
Are you in the US? I’m not seeing it on the Mazda USA site yet? Also, seems to me Mazda is trying to position the MX-30 as a unique alternatively powered sporty CUV that’s also relatively affordable (not a CX-5 competitor). I believe they’ve also gone out of there way to create an interior that utilizes recycled materials and is as environmentally friendly as possible while still being attractive and comfortable.

Latest posts