• No

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • I want an Electric CX-3, 30, 5, 8 or 9

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • I want an Electric Mazda2, 3, 6 or Miata

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters
Follow up post...

Note this is the Hybrid version, it appears there will now be three versions if I'm not mistaken...A hybrid, an all-electric and an electric with range extender. Seems like not all markets will receive all versions or at least not at the same time.

I looked at one at the dealer, back seat has little to no leg room, I would only put small children back there. The dashboard seems more "low rent" than the CX-5.

I wouldn't be interested in one.

I foresee a naming problem a lot of people are going to confuse the cx30 and the mx30

I looked at one at the dealer, back seat has little to no leg room, I would only put small children back there. The dashboard seems more "low rent" than the CX-5.

I wouldn't be interested in one.
Are you in the US? I’m not seeing it on the Mazda USA site yet? Also, seems to me Mazda is trying to position the MX-30 as a unique alternatively powered sporty CUV that’s also relatively affordable (not a CX-5 competitor). I believe they’ve also gone out of there way to create an interior that utilizes recycled materials and is as environmentally friendly as possible while still being attractive and comfortable.

I am currently rocking a 2017 Ford Focus ELECTRIC as a Daily beater. (Relegating my Mazda6 hatchback to track duty!)

115 miles range (Advertised, best case scenario... Obviously lower based on the way I drive and in the cold weather.)

She gets me from my suburban home in Northern Virginia to my office in Washington DC just fine. 25 miles one way commute. Based on my commute and a 5 day work week, i put 12,500 miles per year on the car and it costs me $475 to charge PER YEAR at $0.13 per kWh. (This compared to $1000 PER YEAR of gasoline on my 50 MPG Motorcycle at $4 a gallon.)

I chose this car for several reasons:

* The range, albeit small, suits my needs.
* The 2017 and 2018 versions have a CCS port for DC fast charging.
* it does not look like an EV and has an ICE car counterpart for body parts availability.
* It has sport handling and has a sporty counterpart (Focus ST and RS) for suspension parts.
* It lacks the driver "assistance" features of something like a Tesla Model 3; Self Driving, etc. I don't need that kinda stuff.

I bought it for $14k. (used in April 2022.)

If the MX-30 was cheaper, (And available in my area) I'd be in one.
I'm interested in it, but not for $30k.

If they made a Mazda6 Hatchback/Mazda2/Mazda3/CX-30/CX-3 Electric, I'd be in one.

It seems the economies of scale might work in Mazda's favor to reduce the cost of electrification.
The MX-30 uses its own chassis and bodywork; using premade items from other vehicle lines could reduce the production costs of the car.

What I'd REALLY like is a PHEV replacement for my wife's CX-9.
Electric efficiency for the short hops around town.
Gasoline range for the long road trips.

What I'd REALLY like is a PHEV replacement for my wife's CX-9.
Electric efficiency for the short hops around town.
Gasoline range for the long road trips.

CX-90 PHEV is supposed to come next year, so you may not be waiting too long, depending on whether or not you're okay with a first year MY of a brand new model.

CX-90 PHEV is supposed to come next year, so you may not be waiting too long, depending on whether or not you're okay with a first year MY of a brand new model.
It's yet to be announced if it'll be a PHEV.

I am also not fond of being a beta tester...

My 2018 CX-9 has fewer than 80k miles on the clock and fewer than 20k on the engine. It'll be around for a while, I'm not itching to get something immediately.

It's yet to be announced if it'll be a PHEV.

I am also not fond of being a beta tester...

My 2018 CX-9 has fewer than 80k miles on the clock and fewer than 20k on the engine. It'll be around for a while, I'm not itching to get something immediately.

Mazda Canada has actually announced that the CX-70 and CX-90 PHEV will be coming in 2023.

We know the first CX-90 will have an inline 6 powertrain, but unsure of whether the PHEV will be available upon release, or if it will become available closer to the end of the year. I'm guessing that the PHEV version will roll out at the same time as the CX-70, which according to their plans, will probably be mid-late 2023.

I would love a PHEV! But I probably won't be getting into a new vehicle for at least 3-4 years, depending on how long we want to keep the Civic.

Where is the fun in driving an electric car...
Instantaneous torque is kinda nice. I've run neck and neck on some Ford Focus STs in my Focus Electric.

There's more to cars than noise and smoke... Tight suspensions and responsive steering systems are what Mazda's known for.

Besides, your avatar/signature says you're driving a CX-5. One could ask you where the fun is in driving a crossover SUV.

EVs only work if you have charging stations at your disposal. I live in a townhouse and the condo corporation says no to chargers on their property. The company I work for leases the building. The owners say no to charging stations. EVs are a pipe dream for most people who live in apartments, condos, and townhouses and at companies that only lease buildings. I will stick to gas or a hybrid.

Back