• Welcome to Mazdas247. Membership is free and offers many benefits, please Click Here to learn more, thanks!
  • Mazdas247 is an Amazon Associate and earns from qualifying purchases.

Poll: Who has a CX-5 and a Miata?

CX-5 Owners, do you also own a Miata?

• Yes, an ND MX-5 Miata

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Yes, an Older Gen MX-5 Miata

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • Yes, more than one actually...

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • No but I'm in the market for one...

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • No

Votes: 34 50.0%

• Total voters
:
CX9 Sig CX5 Sig
I enjoyed driving my father-in-laws 1990 Miata and his Mazdaspeed MX5 through the windy roads in the Texas hill country. May look to get one when my son leaves for college.

Avoidin Deer

Zoom Zoom, baby
Contributor
:
Central Virginia
:
2019 CX-5 Reserve
If I had already owned a reliable vehicle, I would have bought one.

Sort of reminds me of my Austin Healey, except the accelerator in the Miata actually does something.

Chris_Top_Her

Banned
Contributor
:
San Antonio, Texas
:
'15 CX-5 Miata AWD
I enjoyed driving my father-in-laws 1990 Miata and his Mazdaspeed MX5 through the windy roads in the Texas hill country. May look to get one when my son leaves for college.
I live in San Antonio and join the miata clubs on cruises since I can keep up with my
mods

chiefmg

MOTM July 2015
:
'81 RX-7 GS, '00 Miata SE, '16 Camaro (wife's), '15 CX-5 GT AWD
First one to vote yes. What do I win? :cool:

:
2016.5 CX-5 GT AWD titanium/black 2016 Miata Club ST MT white
Looks like I'm the first one to vote for option #1.

We bought our 2016 MX-5 Club in 10/2019. Love this car! I don't drive it during the winter months, so it's put away till spring.

Avoidin Deer

Zoom Zoom, baby
Contributor
:
Central Virginia
:
2019 CX-5 Reserve
Love the Bugeye,still have it?
Nope.

I put it on blocks when I got a more reliable vehicle and deemed it to be my "someday restoration project." Then it sat. Then a young couple saw it in my backyard, knocked on my door and practically begged me for it. I saw the look in their eyes that I once had when I first bought it, and realized it needed their loving care before it rotted to a pile of irretreivable rust waiting on me.

I had boxes & boxes of spare parts I got from junk yards when I first bought the thing...I hit every junk yard between Richmond and Washington DC, down Rt 95 then back up Rt 1. It also came with the factory hardtop. I gave it all to them cheap.

The only thing I forgot to include was my UniSyn carb synchronizer. I still have that.

:
2018 CX5 GT, Metallic Machine Gray and 2018 MX-5 RF GT, Soul Red
I have a 2018 MX5 RF GT in soul crystal red to go along with my CX5. The MX5 is currently in winter storage awaiting for spring. Here is a picture of it in the dealer's pickup bay last November when I purchased it.

Wade

Attachments

Last edited:

7eregrine

The man, the myth, the legend
:
Land of Cleve
:
2016.5 CX5

ColoradoDriver

Gen-1 Kodo Design
Contributor
:
Denver, CO
:
2014 CX-5 Touring
I don't have one and am not in the market for one, but I am a sucker for that ceramic ND. Looks sharp.

But having sat in one, also not the most comfortable for my long legs...Wouldn't mind checking out a PRHT NC either though...

Turborascal

Contributor
:
2019 Mazda CX-5 Signature; 2019 Mazda MX-5 30 AE, RF, #150/3000
I'm on my third ND Miata and 9th Miata overall.
I had the first 2016 ND Launch Edition in Austin, a 2017 ND RF Launch Edition, and received my 30th Anniversary ND RF in July of last year.

I think I have a problem. 🙄

Last edited:

Avoidin Deer

Zoom Zoom, baby
Contributor
:
Central Virginia
:
2019 CX-5 Reserve
I just posted this in the Miata forum.

Dunno if it interests anyone here.

2005 Mazda Miata Mx5 Convertible for sale at Estate Auction

I had an estate auction notice hit my Inbox I thought might interest some here. This is in Keysville, VA. 80 driving miles dead south of Charlottesville, and maybe 40-50 miles north of North Carolina @ Kerr Reservoir.

Lot 20, partway down Page 1.

There's an inspection opportunity before bidding.

miata.jpg

My first Mazda vehicle is my 2010 PRHT Miata, I enjoy the Miata so much that I decided to purchase the CX-5. No complaints with the CX-5.
z5E3wo6uSuGtLQbxGIWbqw.jpg