Which Fortin remote start more suitable: EVO-MAZT1 or EVO ONE + Maz3 T harness

I’ve installed on multiple CX fives, And have not had an issue yet as long as you follow the directions properly, I’m sure there’s a small portion of people who do not know how to read, let alone plug-in and follow directions. And it would definitely suck to be without a car that starts not to mention how much it would cost the dealership to reprogram the ECM.
It is not an issue installing that we are talking about. The issue is with every remote start, it clears the ECM/PCM as if you disconnected the battery and all of the readiness monitors and stored faults are cleared. That is TRASH HARDWARE that should never happen.

It is not an issue installing that we are talking about. The issue is with every remote start, it clears the ECM/PCM as if you disconnected the battery and all of the readiness monitors and stored faults are cleared. That is TRASH HARDWARE that should never happen.
To be fair, the iDataStart/Compustar (same company) doesn't do that. It's the piece of trash Fortin that does.

“I was not aware of this Forten feature”.

We get four or five years for inspection on new cars. After that, it’s two or three years.

It’s an easy fix though just unplugged the Forten connectors. Plug back in All the original connectors and drive for about 50 to 75 miles and assuming there’s nothing wrong with your car there shouldn’t be any check engine light. once you pass inspection plug the Forten back in (no need to reprogram unless you are installing on a different car. I had to do that one time when I had to take my old Mazda CX-5 in And did not want them to know I was messing around with the harness under the dashboard. We can sing and praise about the Magnuson law/act, but the truth is Mazda, as well as many other manufacturers hate it when you modify your car. Nine times out of 10 the modification has nothing to do with the problem and yet they will say it is and try to avoid working on the car and try to deny your warranty, which is why I only do mods that I can take off the car, a.k.a. plug and play.

These manufacturers have deep pockets, and instead of spending the little bit to do the repair and honor the warranty. They rather bankrupt you in court.

It’s an easy fix though just unplugged the Forten connectors. Plug back in All the original connectors and drive for about 50 to 75 miles and assuming there’s nothing wrong with your car there shouldn’t be any check engine light.

The mere fact you have to do this proves what a piece of excrement that box really is.

To each their own, but I could definitely appreciate what you’re saying. But CompuStar, cobra, etc and I forgot the name of the other ones are expensive in comparison, and that money could be a better used for other mods to the car.

It takes all of five minutes to unscrew the few screws and under a minute to reconnect the original hardware. Considering I spent $40 something dollars and save the cost by installing myself I use that money to buy the upgraded sub for the spare tire. And eventually, when Mazda tries to charge me to use the Phone app to remote start my car, I’ll reinstall the Forten.

AVOID FORTIN!
Get an iDataStart or Compustar instead.
Genuinely curious, why? I have the EVO-ONE installed in my CX-5 and my wife's CX-9 with no issues at all (both have been in for over 3 years.

Now, admittedly, every so often I need to unplug and plug back in the control box, but that takes by a minute or so. I think that is more related to our drone mobile device losing connection than the Fortin itself.

Genuinely curious, why? I have the EVO-ONE installed in my CX-5 and my wife's CX-9 with no issues at all (both have been in for over 3 years.

Now, admittedly, every so often I need to unplug and plug back in the control box, but that takes by a minute or so. I think that is more related to our drone mobile device losing connection than the Fortin itself.
There are a hundred threads on this piece of crap, including this one, explaining in detail why it should *never* be installed in any Mazda.

Lol. I was just hoping to add a counterpoint. We’ve been very pleased with ours.

I’ll head back to my corner :)

I guess I’ve been lucky as I haven’t had as many issues as others, but then again before disconnecting the original connectors/harness I unplugged the battery, then plug in the fortune, then plug the battery back in then program the key.

Hmm. We've had the Fortin on our '19 CX-5 for a couple of years with no problems. Never had to touch it or plug/unplug it. We've done at least one Maryland emissions check since (OBD plug in type) with no issues.

I've also never seen these scary Fortin reports -- can anyone post a link?

I have the Evo One and added the Linkr LT2 to all 3 ot my Honda vehicles.

I just traded the Odyssey 2015 with 89000 miles for the CX5 Signature 2019 with 7100 miles. Then transferred the Evo One from the Odyssey, did a master reset and purchased the THAR ONE MAZ3 harness; installed into the CX5 with the Linkr LT2. No issues at all.

I never had problems with Evo One with any of my vehicles for several years and Im looking forward to the same thing with the CX5; problem free.

I have the Evo One and added the Linkr LT2 to all 3 ot my Honda vehicles.

I just traded the Odyssey 2015 with 89000 miles for the CX5 Signature 2019 with 7100 miles. Then transferred the Evo One from the Odyssey, did a master reset and purchased the THAR ONE MAZ3 harness; installed into the CX5 with the Linkr LT2. No issues at all.

I never had problems with Evo One with any of my vehicles for several years and Im looking forward to the same thing with the CX5; problem free.
Good for you, but have you ever scanned for codes and looked at live data? That's a MAJOR problem with the fortin that you will NEVER know about until you do so.

I used the Forten and JB4 at the same time on my old turbo CX-5 with out issue.

Good for you, but have you ever scanned for codes and looked at live data? That's a MAJOR problem with the fortin that you will NEVER know about until you do so.
Thank you and yes, no issues here.

Same. I’ve scanned my vehicle and my wife’s. Zero issues.

I’m hoping my feedback helps. Not trying to persuade anyone, just offering positive feedback on our experiences.

Back