Which Cell Phone Holder / Mount Are You Using?

I pike the magnetic ones a lot. I can stick it in the vent if I want and remove if necessary. And I have a sticky mount. Very easy to mount the wife's 5s or my 6 or my work HTC 1 (all different sizes). Looks far cleaner and easier to pull on and off

Wish it had a ball on it too, I want to put something between the dash and infotainment panel. Bought a cd slot one to put between the dash pieces, it is too big though

I had a simple mount that I glued to the upper right hand corner of the instrument panel surround. I simply replaced it with a Steelie. I like the Steelie's adjustability and the fact that I can charge my phone without having to remove the mount. The magnet is powerful enough that it does not move significantly. As I turn corners in my Suburban, the vent mount swivels.

Because the Steelie is quite heavy, I mounted it a little lower than my previous setup. I'm not sure how long it would stay attached to a vertical surface if the glue softened in hot weather. I glued it to the horizontal lip of the radio volume knob. It's easily visible to me but less visible to passing cars.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back