Wheel sizing

db2boy

All,
I've been trying to research wheel sizes for the Cosmo yet seem to get conflicting information. Before more power I want to be able to stop and not feel nervous so big brake kit is on the menu and to do that wheels at the same time.

Can you chaps help me out with what is the largest rim (of course taking into consideration tires) and widest width I can get on the front and rear without having to roll the arches? What offset would be required also. Seems at least 18" for the brakes to fit under. Any other pointers for doing the wheels/brakes?

Thanks guys

Ant

I have 19s, lowered coilovers and yes rolled guards with flaking paint! I also have 330mm discs and 6 pot calipers on the front and four on the rear! To answer part of your question, I reckon that 18's are a good practical compromise between the desired look and driving practicality. I will have mine lifted a centimeter for the cruise we are doing to Walcha in a fortnight to give it just a little more room for bad country roads.

Offset mine are probably odd so that I could fit in the calipers - hardly any dish19 x 8.5 5x114.3 et 35 axis(?) and 19x9.5 5x 114.3 et 40.

Kramer

I agree with Kramer re 18s. I am running 20x11s +49 front rears +48. Factory offset is +50. I cambered up the rears to clear the factory guard lips and leave them unmodified. The fronts I had to roll and I am still getting rub at full lock - which annoys me. I plan to change down to some 18x8.5s on the front and 18x9.5s on the rear.

This is quite a good tool - you can plug in the factory cosmo wheel and offsets and then plug in the rims you want to run

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

hirescosmo5tsmall.jpg

Back