What wheel should I pick between those? (or any other ideas?)

Greensleeper

:
2 GX 2011
OK next year I will do the 4 disks / 5 lugs conversion on my ride so I will get rid of my current 4-lug setup. I have a few criteria to follow:

• Wheel must be Japanese-made. The only exception is Rota.
  • 15 inchers only (5X114.3).
  • Less than 15 lbs.
  • Budget-friendly... My first choice will always be TE-37's but so much $$$.
  • Less than the 8 spokes I have now.
  • Must be dark-painted, black, flat-black or dark bronze.
  • Must be relatively available.
So this is it:

5Zigen FN01R-C, flat-black (hyperblack here):
Price is right, offset too but a little bit heavy at 14 lbs.
fn01rc_hyperblk.jpg

Rota GT-3 (black):
Everything is right except the low availability... Do I am wrong?
My all time favorite...
big_GT-3.jpg

Do you have any other idea? Thanx!!!

By the way this is my car:
471829_94_full.jpg

Last edited:
The GT3 only comes in a +40 offset which means you can't put anything wider than a 195 tire on them.

chuyler1 said:
The GT3 only comes in a +40 offset which means you can't put anything wider than a 195 tire on them.

My current Helium's are +38mm (15X6.5) on 205/50 and nothing rubs... I have trimmed down a bit of my rear fender but everything is fine. I guess a 40mm will be great on a 7''-wide wheel.

Going from a 6.5 to a 7.0 would mean the wheel would stick out an additional 1/4" (6.35mm) but since you would be moving from a 38 offset to a 40 offset you would only need 4.35mm additional space. That doesn't sound like a lot but if you already shaved the rear fenders you're prolly going to rub with 205 tires. If you moved to a 195 tire, you would clear it perfectly.

I've got 16x7 rotas with a +40 offset on 195/50/16 tires and there is very little room to play with.

chuyler1 said:
Going from a 6.5 to a 7.0 would mean the wheel would stick out an additional 1/4" (6.35mm) but since you would be moving from a 38 offset to a 40 offset you would only need 4.35mm additional space. That doesn't sound like a lot but if you already shaved the rear fenders you're prolly going to rub with 205 tires. If you moved to a 195 tire, you would clear it perfectly.

I've got 16x7 rotas with a +40 offset on 195/50/16 tires and there is very little room to play with.

Thanx for all the great info! By the way, your P5 is awesome!

Back