What type of music/ song do you listen to when driving ur speed6?

snooky

:
Mazdaspeed6 GT
What type of music/ song do you guys like to listen to when you driving around in your MS6's?

Everything...i love all music...except salsa. and jazz....

...and 80s rap...and really bad hip hop...and 60 music...and mostly 70s music...and folkloric music...

I am usaly to busy listining to the sweet sound of the enigine, And you kno i was surprized when asfter i put on my intake how loud the stock blow off valve got just alot of people were saying nothing would happen just get more air flow but no sound boy where they wrong. But i also herd rumers tho that if you a buy a after market blow off valve that the car wont be able to idle and would just stall but i am a little scapticale about that what are your thoughts?

never heard of that rumor. The stock "BOV" is called Bypass Valve (BPV) by the way. MSPZ6 (Brian) tought me some ghetto stuff, and I did it too see if it woul improve the performance. I removed the bottom of the stock intake that is like some sort of maze-like filter, so I made the intake suck air straight from the main filter, and not from the bottom of the airbox...the results? You can hear the turbo spool and the BPV sound slightly...enough for pedestrians to hear it...it's somewhat loud. Not too sure about performace results, but I raced MS6Mike back when he had just gotten his ride from tranny work and had just started to put back the mods and had only the CAI...it was dead even...I actually won like 4 out of 5/6 roll ons (at the track). Well, as you can see...not anymore LOL.

Last edited:
when I drive my Acura It's Social Distortion. When I drive the wifes 6i its mostly The Cult. She's a huge fan...

Karma_hunden said:
never heard of that rumor. The stock "BOV" is called Bypass Valve (BPV) by the way. MSPZ6 (Brian) tought me some ghetto stuff, and I did it too see if it woul improve the performance. I removed the bottom of the stock intake that is like some sort of maze-like filter, so I made the intake suck air straight from the main filter, and not from the bottom of the airbox...the results? You can hear the turbo spool and the BPV sound slightly...enough for pedestrians to hear it...it's somewhat loud. Not too sure about performace results, but I raced MS6Mike back when he had just gotten his ride from tranny work and had just started to put back the mods and had only the CAI...it was dead even...I actually won like 4 out of 5/6 roll ons (at the track). Well, as you can see...not anymore LOL.

karma was that mod done to the stock intake or an after market one, im really interested. is there a how to" for that?

and is there anyway to get the stock BOV to make that cool hissing sound like an after market one?

thanks

311 three-eleven 311 three-eleven 311 three-eleven 311 three-eleven
Incubus, 311, Incubus, 311, Incubus, 311, Incubus, 311, Dr. Dre ;-p

snooky said:
karma was that mod done to the stock intake or an after market one, im really interested. is there a how to" for that?

and is there anyway to get the stock BOV to make that cool hissing sound like an after market one?

thanks

to the stock one. When you pop the hood and look at it, you see that the bottom can be taken off by unclipping some clips around the middle that hold it together, then just pull the bottom out, which is held down by pressured clips...all you have to do is pull hard, and it will pop-out (you wont break anything)

After the bottom is off, you should see the upper part dangling, and the main filter stucked to the upper part. Grab some zip tights and tide them around the intake and the filter to hold it together and tide them to some holes around the engine bay to hold it in place (just use common sense on this one since there isnt a specific place you need to tide these). These will prevent the intake from moving up and down since it's no longer anchored with the bottom part.

Kinda hard to explain by writing but I hope you get it lol...let me know if ya have any further questions.

Last edited:
Karma_hunden said:
to the stock one. When you pop the hood and look at it, you see that the bottom can be taken off by unclipping some clips around the middle that hold it together, then just pull the bottom out, which is held down by pressured clips...all you have to do is pull hard, and it will pop-out (you wont break anything)

After the bottom is off, you should see the upper part dangling, and the main filter stucked to the upper part. Grab some zip tights and tide them around the intake and the filter to hold it together and tide them to some holes around the engine bay to hold it in place (just use common sense on this one since there isnt a specific place you need to tide these). These will prevent the intake from moving up and down since it's no longer anchored with the bottom part.

Kinda hard to explain by writing but I hope you get it lol...let me know if ya have any further questions.

aww man im nervouse to do that, i wish there was a how to" with pics. im more of a visual person yano?

does this add n e thing to performance or just make it louder? either way i really wanna do it thanks karma!

Alright snooky, I see what I can do. It jsut makes it louder and perhaps a little bit of performance (close to none if I may say).

Karma_hunden said:
Alright snooky, I see what I can do. It jsut makes it louder and perhaps a little bit of performance (close to none if I may say).

thanks man,
i went to check and see if i knew what you were talking about, and i saw the clips you were saying, but what exactly am i removing that whole bottum part?

i dont see exactly were i can have a grip to pull it out, wen i un clip the top is it suppose to come up givving me room to take the bottum off?

Mazda wont give me any s*** for it right? i can always re-instal it later?

sorry again 4 all the Q's.

Last edited:
Qs are alright, dont worry about it. It literally takes less than 3 minutes to do...2 if you are fast. Same with installation, its easy. I carry the bottom of the intake on my trunk just incase anything happens (intake or non intake related), I just cut the zip tights and clip it back in. I dont think they would give you s*** about it, but if the dealership is bad, they probably will try to grab on to anything...I knew a guy that just recently had a problem with his turbo seal cuz he had an exhaust and they tried to blame it on the BOV...claiming it was a boost controller. I s*** you not.

You unclip the bottom, but it wont come off because it is still attached to the bottom pressure clips, by pressure clips i mean there are like 3 holes in the bottom where you force these clips in that are part of the bottom by force and once they are in, they click and thats it. To remove it, you pull hard and with force they come out/unclip and so the bottom comes off.

I already took the pics, Im at work, i'll send it to ya when i get home. It will be 5 bucks, send them via paypal, thank you :D

Last edited:
What do I listen to while "spirited driving"?

Joe Satriani "Surfing with the Alien"

Oh wait...I drive an MS3.....LOL!

Re:

GNsPR5 said:
What do I listen to while "spirited driving"?

Joe Satriani "Surfing with the Alien"

Oh wait...I drive an MS3.....LOL!
Wow i thought i was old...............LoL(mj)

when im driving too spirited, I turn my music off, i heard it takes whp away...Speed6Killer told me

Back