What to do . . .

1ofdfew323

:
'03 P5 & '07 MS3
Ok, I've own this p5 for 3 years and 6 mos. already and it's been good to me it never failed on me even though I never really like it. I just bought it because at the time it was the only car I can afford that looks different from the regular crowd. (civic) Anyways, lately I've been wanting to buy a new car so, I went to the Mazda dealership and test drove the MS3. I don't really like how the mazda 3 hatchback looks like but for the performace and money wise I think it is a good deal. I drove it thinking I'd be impress with the car but I was wrong. I was asking for more power maybe because I got use to driving my sister EVO9 MR and that thing pulls and it pulls hard but then again I shouldn't compare the 2 because it's totally different category. Anyhow, now instead of buying a MS3 I would like to ask you guys if you can help me with some of my questions regarding my p5.

-I want my car to run mid 14's with full interior and be reliable.
Turbo is what I'm looking for. How much will it cost for me to buy a kit that would make my car hit 14's on a 1/4 mile drag?
Will it be reliable? I drive my car to Reno NV, which is about 4 hours away from where I live. I want to be very reliable.

How much boost will it take for me to hit that time?
Do I need a better clutch?
Do they have a smog legal turbo kit for p5's?

btw, which one has a better handling.
P5 or MS3?

thanks and happy new year fellas !!!

Buy a factory car. Sounds like you know nothing about boosting cars... and the protege will dig you a money pit. Do whatever makes you feel cool.

SenorCorwin said:
Buy a factory car. Sounds like you know nothing about boosting cars... and the protege will dig you a money pit. Do whatever makes you feel cool.
+1 if you know nothing about car modification (i.e. you havnt personally done it yourself) buy it premade and slap on a fartcan and an intake and call it a day. Itll be cheaper and alot safer/faster for you :)

i think u should do some research first before buyin or modifying! but you made the right decision by atleast posting up on here. for u to run mid 14 with a turbo kit would be rather easy u could say. your best bet for a kit is to visit www.protegegarage.com they'll treat you well there! as for the suspension on either cars i'm not sure. but if you want a new car go for the ms3. i like them...plus it would save u the time of having to turbo your p5. but that's all the time i have. good luck

Back