What replacement tyres for 19inch Alloy wheels

BROADBEAN9513

:
CX5 2.2 D (175) SPORT NAV AWD WITH SAFETY PACK
Dear All,
My CX5 is fitted with the original tyres TOYO for the 19 inch wheels. I would like to know what alternatives are available and whether or not they affect the tyre pressure monitoring system. I would prefer an all year round tyre preferably.

The Goodyear Assurance Fuel-Max comes in the appropriate size. There are very few tires it seems that come in that size.

Most modern tires and tire stores should be able to handle the TPMS without causing an issue. Just remember to hit the TPMS reset on the left side of the dash.

i think cruiser meant the tire shop possibly messing up the TPMS, the costco guys ruined one on my BMW X5, they said they didn't know the tires had TPMS because the valve stems look like regular ones (and they do) so they were casual about un-mounting the tires and cracked one of the TPMS. They replaced it so no harm done.

Last edited:
i think cruiser meant the tire shop possibly messing up the TPMS, the costco guys ruined one on my BMW X5, they said they didn't know the tires had TPMS because the valve stems look like regular ones (and they do) so they were casual about un-mounting the tires and cracked one of the TPMS. They replaced it so no harm done.

The CX5 uses wheel rotation count as its TPMS (a tire with less pressure has a smaller diameter, so it will rotate faster compared to the others). This form of tpms is built into the ABS system rather than requiring a sensor in the wheel or valve stem.

Continental also provides their TrueContact line, Yokohama offers a size through Discount Tire, and there is a Chinese supplier called Antares that has this size. Does anyone have experience with the Yokohama YK580s? These are all for the 19 inch rims.

Back