What just happened??

Spiced MSP

:
2016 Peterbilt 579
So, Im sitting at a Wendy's Drive thru waiting for a delicious Baconator when all of a sudden..MY CAR JUST SHUTS OFF AND THE TEMP GAUGE STARTS SLOWLY RISING!!! I know the car has a random dip while idling sometimes but this time the car showed no intention in catching itself before cutting off. It literally shut off as if I took the key out. After a couple of seconds, I cranked it back up with no trouble at all and the temp gauge went back to the normal range. I don't know what that was about. Has this happened to anyone else before?

um....i have no idea man. maybe check for vacuum leaks but other than that, i dunno. pretty sure the temp is electrical not vacuum. thats very very odd. creepy actually.

One of the relays is about to pop off, my car has done that a few times. Took me a good head scratching to figure it out the first time it happened. I hit a huge bump on the freeway and then I got that same symptom that you got. It's happened a few times, something to do with having no suspension travel in an area with bad roads.

That is strange. It does sound like an electrical problem. I had issues with my coolant fan staying on after the car was off. It was also a relay.

Back