What is wrong with CX-5 Signature?

Are the seats overall an upgrade and more comfortable in the signature or just a different leather? If that was the case I would have considered the sig.

The Signature is great and we were looking at that hard. We ended up buying the CX-9 signature instead - which I liked because it had more wood and greater premium feel. But I honestly, in regards to the CX-5, I really liked the GTR as I really liked the Soul Crystal red color with a parchment interior, a combo not available in the Signature. I also find the brown leather in the Mazda 6 to be a little bit better than in the CX-5.

I was initially sold on the Red/White combo.

Then I read a bunch of comments here and elsewhere of that SCRM paint being highly fragile and chipping off with no apparent cause, and of white leather in general being difficult to keep clean. Lots of folks said their blue jeans stained their white interior (lot of different cars), while others said they had no such issue.

After much deliberation, I decided that if nothing else, the white would show dirt too easily.

Maybe they should put little lights or paint florescent stars on the headliner. It could be educational.

I find the jet black interior makes it difficult to see and find things my dog drops. Especially on the floor but even the inside of the console. I added a super bright LED in the cargo area and I sometimes need it even in the daytime.

Maybe that is good for the outward visibility but I cant imagine painting both walls and ceilings black along with black carpet in my house. People usually recommend light colors. Maybe if I worked nights and needed to sleep all day?

MAzda just missed the mark on the shade of brown offered on the Sig CX5 - had it not been so close to black, I think it would've convinced more people to get it. The Cx9 Signature brown in the Cx5 would make the extra $$ worth it for me personally!

It's interesting to read other's comments (in this thread and elsewhere) who felt as though they were sitting in a cave with the CX-5's black headliner. That was my immediate reaction when I first test drove a CX-5 in the summer of 2018, but I'm pretty sensitive to that kind of stuff.

By the time I went back in 2019 test drove a Reserve, I had forgotten about the cave-like feeling. I guess the Reserve had a lighter-color headliner, since I did not notice the claustrophobia when I got in it. I never really thought about the headliner in that initial test drive until reading these comments, or that they color had changed.

I thought only the Sig had a black headliner. If that's true, wouldn't the CX-5 you test drove in the summer of 2018 have had a light colored headliner?

I thought only the Sig had a black headliner. If that's true, wouldn't the CX-5 you test drove in the summer of 2018 have had a light colored headliner?
Nope.

Red 2018 Grand Touring with black interior and black headliner.

I have no idea what the headliner color configurations per trim/per model year might be. I never paid attention to it because it's not an option you can choose.

The Sig only came out in 2019. Maybe things changed by then.

I just took a look on Mazda's website. The Build-Your-Own page has a place to select Interior Color, and it's got a footnote reference ("For Interior and Space Reference 3"), but I cannot find the actual footnote...the link takes you nowhere.

MAzda just missed the mark on the shade of brown offered on the Sig CX5 - had it not been so close to black, I think it would've convinced more people to get it. The Cx9 Signature brown in the Cx5 would make the extra $$ worth it for me personally!

Yeah, the CX-9 Signature Auburn color is much nicer. Looks fantastic and much more premium. Don't like the brown in the 2020 CX-9.

I would have liked the wood and leather combo of the CX9 Sig in the CX5 Sig. I really like those interior qualities of my wife's CX9, but i'm happy with my CX5 nonetheless :)

I was so close in buying the Cx-9sig over the Cx-5 sig, all because of the Cx9 leather. But had to be practical since I didn’t need that extra space . But that Cx-9 leather/ interior is nice !! I’m also still happy with my cx5 sig!

I might be an outlier here, but I truly do love the interior colour of my Signature.

The brown is almost black which I prefer, I like the headliner and the bezel-less rear view mirror, and I like the wood inserts they used.

I am NOT a fan of the Auburn colour in the CX-9... I .. just don't like it.

But, alas, that's why we all have preferences. No one is right, no one is wrong.

I thought the Napa brown leather( where do these Napa animals roam?) would clash with the machine grey and black headliner.The brown is so dark it‘s a non issue. I also preferred the darker wheels on the Signature and the frameless rear view mirror.If I had to nitpick,camera resolution not good,and why the heck don’t the side views auto adjust with seat memory? Love my Signature,,,Take the long way home!

Back