• Got Stuff to Sell or Buy? You can post an ad for free in our Marketplace, just follow the Rules. Thanks!

What is the best Brake Pad for my 2002 Protege?

Which brake pads would you use?

• Raybestos Service Grade (Ceramic)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wagner QuickStop (Ceramic)

• Bosch Blue Brake Pads (Semi-Metallic)

• Raybestos Hybrid

• Akebono (more expensive)

• Total voters
:
mazda protege 2002
Hello Fellas,

I will have to change my brake pads in a couple of months, but I dont know what option to take as there are very little options over here in my country (I live in Guatemala).

The available options over here are:

- Raybestos SGD893C, these are the cheapest ceramic brake pads, price is around $25.00 for the set. They do not come with hardware

- Wagner QuickStop ZD893, these are the only Wagner Brake pads available over here, price is around $28.00 for the set. They do come with all the hardware.

- Bosch Blue Brake pads BE893H, these are the only semi-metallic set that I am able to find here in GT. Price is around $32.00 for the set. They do not come with hardware.

I have two more options, but these are more expensive and I am not sure if they are worth it for a daily commuter like mine.
- Raybestos EHT893H, these are hybrid brake pads (marked as top of the line on their website). Price is around $46.00 for the set. As far as I know, they come with all the hardware.

-Akebono ACT637, these are the best ceramic pads that I can get here, but they are around $60.00 for the set. I dont know if they come with hardware.

Have you tried one of these options? How did it go?(uhm)

I have been thinking about getting the QuickStops from Wagner as they seem to be a very good balance between price and quality.

All inputs are more than welcome.:)

Last edited:

Weekly Poll: Interested in the MX-30?

• Yes

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • I want an Electric CX-3, 30, 5, 8 or 9

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I want an Electric Mazda2, 3, 6 or Miata

Votes: 1 7.1%