What is that chime or dinging noise?

:
'14 CX9 TouringAWD
I occasionally will hear a subtle chiming of 3 chimes but nothing appears on displays. It sounds like someone tapping a glass of water with a spoon. Any help?

"No man is an island, apart to himself.....so ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee."

(Sorry, couldn't resist. At least your not seeing dead people "all the time" ; - ))

Well when i used to turn off my cx-9 i used to get a message on the clock display that said goodbye. I no longer get that message. I don't remember if it was also audio. I am wondering if it's related to the bluetooth since that works sporadically. I was going to try to disassemble the steering wheel controls to see if the contacts were dirty where the phone button is but it's not worth it and i could possibly do some damage elsewhere. I guess what i'm saying is if it's not affecting the car don't mess with it.

In all seriousness, probably need a bit more info to identify the chime. Like at least the model year and possibly a hint of when does the chime happens ? When driving, when getting in the car, etc.

Kornholio, the hello and goodbye message on my 2010 maxda can be turned on and off through the settings. I suppose the cx-9 is probably the same.

I was thinking the same thing. Seems to come on when I jump in while the car is running and whip it into drive. No visual display. Going to try to keep track of what's happening when this chime appears.

OK....here goes. I'm convinced is when I pass certain shopping plazas or stores b/c it reoccurs on the same places....strange. I have the 14 Touring AWD with GT technology package.

Do you have navigation (gps) ? I don’t know about the first gen cx-9, but I had a gps before that had alerts activated for speed camera and other things like that. it would do a chime when approaching them. I think some phone applications can produce alerts like that as well.

Yes, I have navigation(TomTom) which I never use but I think that's what it is. I'll check settings and read up. Thanks......

My Google Maps application does a quick 3-bell chime when I'm approaching a speed trap. It only does that when I'm actually navigating somewhere though. Maybe your TomTom does whether you're navigating or not?

Back