What have you done to your P5 today?

lol i think its kinda funny how when us boosted guys post up problems we have, everybody is like "oh gee, im glad i didnt turbo my p5"
no, you just didnt turbo it, cuz u were scared/broke/lazy, dont blame it on us lol

anywho today i started working on my new interior, looks pretty good actually, so far i only wrapped the pillars to see how the color would look, looks pretty good
ill post up pics when i finish the whole headliner

I loved the look of your old headliner, so much so that I was trying to find a pic to show a friend the other day. You wouldn't happen to have a pic handy, would you?

I just honestly hate seeing any posts in this thread made by you. I think 90% of them are "FS sucks" posts. We get it. You don't like the engine.

hahaha, I just like to throw blows. I find it amusing. Its like talking about one's mother, most of the stuff isn't serious its just in good fun ;)

Picked up an oring kit for the 440 injectors from rockauto. $1.95 a set, came out to $11 shipped.

Got a CEL today on the way to work. Heading to a friends house later tonight to see what code im throwing.

Also looking for a replacement power steering pump. Mine is making lots of noise. but luckily haven't lost the power steering yet. =)

After I get all the problems fixed, ill get the brakes done and buy an intercooler kit. Redo the piping.

I loved the look of your old headliner, so much so that I was trying to find a pic to show a friend the other day. You wouldn't happen to have a pic handy, would you?

uhh, i only have old ones when i took it off to fix it cuz it was sagging, and id rather not post those lol
i havent taken it off yet so ill snap some for you

Doing a valve job in the living room and watching tv :).Just can't let the gf find out.

2nsayoo.jpg

found out im missing some clips on the hatch trim and that is whats causing all the noise in the back. ripped it off and its amazing how quiet it is back there (cool)

found out im missing some clips on the hatch trim and that is whats causing all the noise in the back. ripped it off and its amazing how quiet it is back there (cool)

Yea I had the same problem before clip was loose and the noise was driving me mad put it back in it's place and peace at last.

lol i think its kinda funny how when us boosted guys post up problems we have, everybody is like "oh gee, im glad i didnt turbo my p5"
no, you just didnt turbo it, cuz u were scared/broke/lazy, dont blame it on us lol

Simon, I must say...after talking with Ivan and a few others, they made me come to the realization that most of the problems are coming from people who do cheap out and don't buy quality parts at all...a lot of these people are turning up the boost and running on stock tunes...this was originally my plan as well when I first picked up the Speed, just to reuse all the parts and turbo it for cheap, but the more and more I think about it, why??? That is where all these problems are coming from...I want to have the car as reliable as possible with the supporting mods WITHOUT having to forge...the boost won't be turned up, but the setup will be hopefully as reliable as possible...

Turbo Parts So Far
  1. Stainless Oil/Coolant Lines
  2. Short Ram Intake
  3. Boost Gauge
  4. AEM Wideband
  5. SSAFC V2
  6. Turbolife FMIC
  7. Greddy Type S BOV
  8. ATP Wastegate
  9. Steedspeed Exhaust Manifold
  10. All new gaskets
  11. Spare Tapped Oil Pan
  12. Millenia PCV Valve
  13. One Step Colder Plugs

Question is though, to those of you that have turboed the P5, what else would be needed to make this setup even more reliable...what am I missing now from here...

Any help or input would be appreciated...

Question is though, to those of you that have turboed the P5, what else would be needed to make this setup even more reliable...what am I missing now from here...

Go forged lol... good stuff tho man wish you the best on ur boost quest I bought all the best dropped 2g's on everything just didn't think it was worth it to turbo the p5 not that much of a gain but some ppl do enjoy it.

Last edited:
Alex, even though I'm sure it was meant as sort of a joke, I would save up and go forged if I was you. The winter is coming up and you may as well just wait til it gets nicer outside to install everything. That would give you plenty of time to buy the parts you need to build a forged block on the side and install it come spring. Just my .02.

Alex, even though I'm sure it was meant as sort of a joke, I would save up and go forged if I was you. The winter is coming up and you may as well just wait til it gets nicer outside to install everything. That would give you plenty of time to buy the parts you need to build a forged block on the side and install it come spring. Just my .02.

Nah no joke I meant it to make it more reliable go forged.

Well I changed all the belt's,waterpump,2 12" slim fans alot of lil stuff that I took care of while I was in there also awr front and rear mount.

I think the only thing that isn't quality is my fake type RS bov. Im replacing that with a real HKS SSQV.

Latest posts

Back