What have you done to your P5 today?

:
02 Protege5
I started making the list of things to buy or do, to a new to me 02 P5 that has lived close to the ocean for 17 years

Last edited:
:
Mazda Protege5
Installed oem trans mount. Having that 3/8 drive breaker bar really helped. I also noticed I have better clearance and access to the rear, might have to look at doing that soon.

amsgator

03.5 Protege5
:
Yellow '03 5-Speed MP5
I replaced the stock shifter bushings including the 3rd link bushings with Kia bushings since they are better than the Mazda ones and cheaper than the Corksport bronzeoil ones. The 3rd link bushings weren't even there so my shifter had a very large amount of side-to-side play.

The shifter feels insanely better now. The side-to-side play is so little that I wasn't sure if I went into 3rd gear or if I slipped back into 1st!

I ran into a couple of issues, like the bolt through my TWM short shifter breaking off at the nut, but I was able to find something at Home Depot to make it work. Two of the four heat shield holes stripped out as well. I'm kind of pissed about that but I was able to make it work so it doesn't rattle like an MFer.

grffn

Contributor
:
'02 P5
I ran into a couple of issues, like the bolt through my TWM short shifter breaking off at the nut, but I was able to find something at Home Depot to make it work. Two of the four heat shield holes stripped out as well. I'm kind of pissed about that but I was able to make it work so it doesn't rattle like an MFer.

Same happened to me with the bolt. I also ended up just removing the heat shield after one of them stripped lol.

i12drivemyMP5

___ 323F ___
Contributor
Thinkin it's about time to replace 12 yr old tires on the car......due to age more than wear. Has to be personal record for same set of tires on any of my vehicles lol......garage parked so no uv issues. Not my daily driver either, duhhhhh. Guess I can get some lower treadwear tires this time too.

:
03 p5 92 miata

Breeegz

Looking for John Connor
Contributor
:
2003 Protege 5 -- 2016 Ford Expedition
Wasn't there a "Windshield Spray Nozzle" mod people we doing, what Make/Model works for the protege? I thought it was usually sourced from the Mazda Tribute, but I don't remember for sure.

JazzySP20

Madaz
:
AUSTRALIA
:
BJII Astina SP20
Looks great. Are you keeping the guards standard under or going to cut them for more clearance? Would look better too if the standard guard lip was not visible.

Wish I could get these flares and skirts. Are they still available in the US?

ohkgjbb.jpg

mbbbnmnm,.jpg