What have you done to your MSP today?

6k/4k. Done purposely for comfort but then someone got me into trying road racing/open track days lol
I hear ya, my yellowspeeds came 7k/4k, now running 9k/7k, and it's perfection. Dampening set 1 notch below max front and rear to cope with the stiffer springs and it's amazing.

can you get replacement coilover springs for 50% off too? :D i went too soft in the rear. it's comfy but im regretting it

Why do you regret the softer springs? Does the car rub or something?

6/4 are the standard rates right? I guess I will ask about changing the spring rates.

Last edited:
you guys must have some nice roads... i think my sportlines are 4k front and almost too stiff for driving around town here and all the million potholes. my dampers are certainly done though. cant bring myself to spend the money on replacement dampers when adjustables can be had for a few hundred more.
softer springs would make the car lazier id think. im still amazed full scale cars don't have downstop adjustment.

Why do you regret the softer springs? Does the car rub or something?

6/4 are the standard rates right? I guess I will ask about changing the spring rates.

Something's not right about the current setup. It just feels too soft. It handles the worst out of all my past setups. I've ran fortune autos 7k/5k and those handled great but the msp was my only car at the time. Wasn't into any racing and was too stiff. At the time our highways were crap and I traveled every weekend. They just fixed the highways a couple years ago. I was always happy with my h&r springs with tokicos too and they handled great but wanted to get a little lower (not slamming)

Got half way into turbo and down pipe replacement. Snapped 3 bolts so need to get some new hardware. Also need to go buy a larger oil feed fitting.
1z70dxi.jpg
[/IMG] old setup on left new setup on right

Something's not right about the current setup. It just feels too soft. It handles the worst out of all my past setups. I've ran fortune autos 7k/5k and those handled great but the msp was my only car at the time. Wasn't into any racing and was too stiff. At the time our highways were crap and I traveled every weekend. They just fixed the highways a couple years ago. I was always happy with my h&r springs with tokicos too and they handled great but wanted to get a little lower (not slamming)

#1345 has become a weekend toy, so it will be more setup for track use now. I suppose I will look into stiffer springs. I don't see any springs other than the standard 6k/4k on the site, even with the 'swift' spring upgrade.

Close enough to a MSP...

P5- Will be installing a crank, bearings, oil pump, timing belt, timing tensioner, front/rear seals, A/C line, A/C drier, Ignition coils, Engine mounts, Tires and a transmission this weekend.

There's a titanium for sale near me now, but I need a third MSP like a hole in the head. Won't sell 1345 any time soon, but I have been looking at other cars. Either want something Cobb supports (like getting my neighbor's 05 Legacy GT, still waiting on that) or a Mach 1, Cobra or 5.0 Mustang. I drove my dad's EcoBoost F150 the other day and for a bone stock full size truck it is amazing how quick it is. A single cab, even with the 2.7, if you add a downpipe and tune, the thing would easily run low 13s, full weight. Always been a Ford guy at heart, so it's between dailying a spicy or mixing it up a bit and finding a Mustang. Or of course finding a P5 for a daily I can put miles on and not worry about, then look for a Mustang later on

most of my parts are here or being delivered for both the white protege, and my MSP. I'm excited to finish the white one to give to my dad... It's basically just a pretty white, stock protege.

I only need to pay for the turbo manifold and hopefully source a downpipe for the msp.

Anyone have any experience coating their MSP manifold with the VHT high temp paint? If so, any issues with it?

I used high temp paint for my stock mani and it flaked off after a few months. I followed the instructions and baked it in the oven, etc. My advice would be to have it professionally powdercoated or better yet get a pope or steedspeed.

I found someone local that will do a ceramic coat on my steedspeed exhaust mani for $110.I'll post back w/ results soon.

I have a local shop that will do my manifold and turbo housings for $210. I may go that route eventually. I'm trying the VHT stuff as we speak. Letting the manifold dry for another few hours and then I'll start the curing process. We'll see how this stuff holds up.

AC was working great in 1574 since I replaced the compressor, haven't used it in a couple weeks and today the compressor wouldn't kick on at all. Tired of stupid problems always popping up with these old cars. For a weekend toy that's one thing but relying on it for a daily is becoming a headache. Going to try to find the leak and charge it up again, replaced all the seals when I did the compressor so I don't know where it is leaking.

So after much irritation with the weather new turbo gt2871 and custom 3in down are stuffed under the hood. Had to rebend hard water lines had to bend oil return and lenthen hose. Popped a hole in radiator so now i got a half stack and slim fan mounted. 90% done just need longer upper radiator house and put exaust from rear o2 up and shes finished.

Also vht manifold if your running stocker the 1300-2000f ceramic paint will do just make sure if you dont bake it that you follow the on car instructions. I believe 10 idel 20 cool,20 idel 20cool and then another 20-30 idel at operating tempeture and let cool.

Currently swapping stock protege midpipe on to 1574 so I can have a new flex section welded into my catless midpipe. Going to try to get the AC working again too

Back