What have you done to your MSP today?

Are you kidding me? Google it

Any time you diag smoke from the exhaust you check the PCV.

Last edited:
Hornsfans has been through and resolved almost every problem there has been with our msps ever! Lol. Hes been on this forum since it has started. He knows his stuff.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

This is part of why I wonder if I should have installed check valves elsewhere when turboing a non Turbo car.
Pcv would be closing under boost and when you pin the throttle shut just slurp all that blowby right up heh.
Maybe a breather instead of a pcv?

People have had issues with eliminating the PCV, as in the reservoir would just suck oil up into it. You could try the Millennia S PCV. I have one but haven't noticed the difference.

You do realize that hornsfans is like one of the godfathers of MSPs right ? Lol.

Hornsfans has been through and resolved almost every problem there has been with our msps ever! Lol. Hes been on this forum since it has started. He knows his stuff.

Well thanks man! I just don't want this forum to die. I was a Mazda tech for a couple years and have owned and driven (three) Proteges since October 2001, I have turned a wrench or two.

Idiocracy is one of my favorite movies
One thing is for sure... Your s***'s all ****** up

Last edited:

There are few people on this forum where I will never question intelligence. Horns is one of them.

The oil is changed and the hood is shut. The first drive is at sunrise.

Better be a video of that...or it didn't happen.

Anyone ever have their car (of any kind) on a dyno? I'm going tomorrow (to dyno the MSP's replacement). Pretty stoked for that.

Last edited:
Better be a video of that...or it didn't happen.

The trip wasn't video worthy, but the 50 mile round trip was uneventful which is a success. The engine got to see lots of varied rpm, but no throttle or boost. The 440s I bought are clogged up, so I dropped the stock injectors in and they're horrifically undersized. I was seeing them max out at part throttle and 2-3 psi of boost. I'm going to drop in a set of 1000cc injectors my buddy has laying around this evening and see if the unichip can get them to idle. I'm hoping it can, but assuming it won't.

A little maintenance...changed plugs, new throttle body coupler, rear motor mount, intake/throttle body gaskets, TB coolant bypass, gutted the secondary cat. I think that's it :)

Back