What have you done to your Miata today?

I ordered the Miata sound tube delete kit and it arrived yesterday. I'll be doing a sound-tube-ectomy today.

EDIT

I did the work yesterday and it went off without a hitch. I haven't had a chance to drive the MX yet but I doubt that I'll even be able to tell the difference in sound. I like my music loud...

The engine bay looks much nicer now at least.

Last edited:
Thank you for the kind words @Antoine but I am far from a photography expert. Thought I'd have a little fun with taking them.

Yes, soooo excited/anxious to get the tires mounted so I can get them on the car.

Thank you for the kind words @Antoine but I am far from a photography expert. Thought I'd have a little fun with taking them.

Yes, soooo excited/anxious to get the tires mounted so I can get them on the car.
Pretty good for an old man. :cool:

Looking forward to seeing everything installed.

Any luck finding a replacement MS bumper, or were you able to get yours fixed?

I know he mentioned before about having his old MS bumper fixed. Hopefully it could be done as new/used ones are very hard to find.

Installed the JBR short shifter....dropped the socket down on the under tray 😬. Going to get a magnetic pick up tool to pull it out.☹️

Attachments

• 66C8029B-F207-4CF1-A889-C59BC35FF9BB.jpeg
    66C8029B-F207-4CF1-A889-C59BC35FF9BB.jpeg
    96.9 KB · Views: 102
Swapped out the huge OEM windshield washer reservoir for a black Mishimoto unit.

Took advantage of having it out to clean that area of the engine bay. Plan to clean the rest soon.

20210325_124630.jpg

Installed the JBR short shifter....dropped the socket down on the under tray 😬. Going to get a magnetic pick up tool to pull it out.☹️
That sucks Mark...BTDT!

Taking a ride to row thru the gears when you are finished?

Any luck finding a replacement MS bumper, or were you able to get yours fixed?

I know he mentioned before about having his old MS bumper fixed. Hopefully it could be done as new/used ones are very hard to find.

Ya, not my first time either! Oh ya!
Yes the MS bumper has been fixed!! Just saw it in the shop today and it looks great. Also picked up a new spoiler to replace the smaller one I've had for years.

Will start working on Mia in the next week or so.

Been there Mark a few times, I've owned a magnetic pickup tool for years. Comes in handy.

Yes the MS bumper has been fixed!! Just saw it in the shop today and it looks great. Also picked up a new spoiler to replace the smaller one I've had for years.

Will start working on Mia in the next week or so.

Been there Mark a few times, I've owned a magnetic pickup tool for years. Comes in handy
glad to hear the bumper is repaired!
Ya, I’ve got two of the....in west Bridgewater 🤨

Happy that they were able to fix the MS bumper Bruce! I know not as happy as you though. haha

Took a ride to the tire shop today to get one of the tires reversed. They mounted three with rotation arrows going left and one going right. I was in a hurry when I picked them up Friday night and thought I saw two going in each direction when I loaded them. So, caught their mistake when I got home and went to store them.

They were apologetic and took the wheel back right away to get it reversed and me on my way. A while later, a guy comes over and with a half hearted chuckle (I knew it was going to be bad) says "we just can't win". Then proceeds to tell me that the wheel was damaged when re-installing the tire and gave me the option of buying me a new wheel or sending it to a local powder coater as "gloss black" will be easy to match. Seeing that I just received the wheels last Monday, I opted for the former and told him where/what to buy. It is cosmetic around the lip of the wheel but at least he was honest and didn't think twice about replacing it.

I left with the damaged wheel in hand so I can swap the winter tires off and he is going to call me with an ETA of the new wheel so I can stop back in and get the tire swapped over to the new wheel.

Thinking positive and that they won't want the bad wheel so I will get to keep it as a spare?

It happens! BT!
I get it but I went to this place as I know they work with aftermarket wheels all of the time as well as doing custom body work, suspension work, etc. Plus they are a 20 minute drive one way from the house and my OTD price was just over $150 for mounting & balancing of four wheels with valve stems provided by me. I was ok with the price as I expected white glove care. That said, I know stuff happens.

Crazy enough, I took our son's Mazda3 wheels to a tire shop in town, three minutes away, to get his new a/s tires mounted two weeks ago. They have plugged a couple of tires for us in the past and he quoted me $80. When they called to tell me they were done, they said that a part on their machine broke and it scraped up the wheel. It was cosmetic and gave me the option of repairing it or taking $20 off the bill. Upon seeing it, I was fine with the discount. After all, his wheels are 13 years old, with some rash and rock chips. My wheels were a week old to the day!
Ouch, I would have been pissed.
Inside I was freaking out but the guy was apologetic and first thing he said was "do you want us to buy you a new wheel". That made it easier to stay calm.

I had it happen to me twice. Guy I had been using for years and years...I asked ahead of time showing him the wheels “ can you do this without any damage”...no problem......messed up one wheel.... the last one.

My body and paint guys new kid messed up one of my new wheels after painting my calipers for me. he must have laid the wheel down on the cement floor...it was scratched all the way around the rim!
Both bought me new wheels. Both owners were apologetic and offered up front to make it right. What can you do at that point? I mean I was mad but yelling at them wasn’t going to fix anything...they already offered to take car of it.

Back