What have you done to your Miata today?

kcbhiw

What "Lifestyle"?
Contributor
:
64 Valves, 16 Cylinders, 7.2L, 622 HP
melicha8 said:
It is the greddy manifold. Lots and lots of casting overlap. Do you have the ETD manifold? It is a stainless greddy knock off.
The manifold I have looks identical to the cast GReddy unit, without the GReddy logo. 'twas an ebay Chinese knockoff.

JDM-P5 said:
I installed some door speakers and some new headrest speakers & put the extra MSP amp/sub setup in the trunk. Other than that...nothing.
That stuff = teh slowAr.
 

SilverBulletES

Shiftless When Idle
:
'90 MX-5, '00 328i
kcbhiw said:
That stuff = teh slowAr.
I have the factory Panasonic tape deck ca. 1990 in mine. And 2 half blown speakers. I'm not sure if they're original or not. (Doubt it since my car just rolled over 197K.) Fat beats for the w1n! I do plug in my iPod through a cassette adapter sometimes, but I'm more likely to wear my headphones. (sad2)
 

JDM-P5

The Jamaican Sensation
:
2006 Speed6 GT
SilverBulletES said:
I have the factory Panasonic tape deck ca. 1990 in mine. And 2 half blown speakers. I'm not sure if they're original or not. (Doubt it since my car just rolled over 197K.) Fat beats for the w1n! I do plug in my iPod through a cassette adapter sometimes, but I'm more likely to wear my headphones. (sad2)
Headphones while driving = dangerous!


Kev...I NEED music...lol....
 

SilverBulletES

Shiftless When Idle
:
'90 MX-5, '00 328i
I know I know.... :)

Plus I have to pull them out when I see cops. Which is distracting.

I would like to do the headrest speaker thing eventually. I like my beats. Half the reason I sold my motorcycle and bought a Miata.
 

kcbhiw

What "Lifestyle"?
Contributor
:
64 Valves, 16 Cylinders, 7.2L, 622 HP
As much as I want to disagree with you guys about the audio thing, I just can't bring myself to remove the radio system from my Miata, hehe. Having a few tunes while driving helps, and if right, can set the pace for the event to which I'm driving :).

I'll take it out one of these days.
 

melicha8

Crafty
More work. Port matching done along with a good cleaning. Bolted and torqued on with oil feed and return plumbed.
 

kcbhiw

What "Lifestyle"?
Contributor
:
64 Valves, 16 Cylinders, 7.2L, 622 HP
melicha8 said:
More work. Port matching done along with a good cleaning. Bolted and torqued on with oil feed and return plumbed.
If I may ask, where is that drain line going (or is it just sitting there)? Looking good so far. If only these things stayed this clean forever.
 

R2s99zoom

OMGWTFBODYROLL
:
Green '99 MX-5 Roadster, Blue '87 RX-7 Coupe, '77 RX-3 SP Coupe
picked up some team dynamics pro race 1's, 15x7's 35mm offset wrapped in some toyo RA1's for the track

fabricated a bracket to hang my camera from the windshield to videotape my driving skeeeelz.
 

aMaff

High Speed Low Drag
Moderator
:
1992 Miata / 2003 Pathfinder
my clutch pedal keeps going on the floor every so often :(
 

JDM-P5

The Jamaican Sensation
:
2006 Speed6 GT
The FMIC is done & works like a charm. As Kevin had assumed...I had a pesky leak somewhere....well, I don't anymore. The car is so much more responsive to the throttle now...no real lag per say...just unadultered raw power. I DO h/e need to cut my bumper. There's alot of IC hiding behind that bumper.
FYI, Kevin & I had discussed fitment issues, because as we Jamaicans (esp my Father) like to say...it's a "big rass-clat horse-rearing" (another way to say it's fugging huge) chunk of metal. Well, the radiator mount at the bottom had to be moved around so that the IC could sit up high enough not to be damaged by pot holes/speed bumps, small children etc. The windshield washer container, which is usually subsituted for a smaller one & relocated was yanked & tossed by yours truly, so the pipes would fit. :D I don't even have 2 wipers on the car, just the driver side one. & the hell with nozzles on the hood! That's weight savings right there!
Anyhow, now I am waiting on my brake kit to get here. Next on the list will be an EMS system. Thankfully, there are 2 tuning shops here that have dynos. I'm still thinking about the GReddy E-Manage, but if the MS system that Kev is using is better & I may go with that. H/e, the guys here don't know wtf MS is...but they are familiar with E-Manage...so...I may just go that route & get the thing tuned by a pro. After that, it's on to the body of the beast. Burnt Orange with Black Flake is on the menu for the body after reconstructive surgery for the dents, dings & misc scratches. I will also have the valve cover painted to match. I'm hoping to do the paint in the Summer time. Also, I have been hearing through the grapevines that a Turkish tuning mag wants to show the Turboyata some love. I guess a few laps in front of a crowd turned some heads. Of course stay tuned & expect shout outs to all the peeps that contributed in some manner.
Ant...hook me up with a sticker or two...or something...support ya troops! Haha.

*Reserved for pics*
 

aMaff

High Speed Low Drag
Moderator
:
1992 Miata / 2003 Pathfinder
I stuffed 4 monstrous tires into her last night lol. I'm running by Shadow102s shop right after work, so I figured I'd just drive her to work and then straight there afterwards. Stopped at a light, I had a dude out of the blue asking where I race, which was kinda cool. I hope to see him come out this weekend, but I doubt it.
Size of wheels & tires...?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

z00mer

Zoomage!!!!
:
2005 Mazda 6S Hatch
Well..... after having my rear diff crap out (what'd you expect when all the rust falls off a car from New York, and then relocates to Las Vegas), I got a semi-new rear diff off a 99' (only had 25K on it) installed!
Major improvement!!!(drive2)

Also.... getting ready to install my new Koni set-up that a friend and me put together.

Looks like it's going to be a l-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ng weekend of soaking things with PB Blaster.:rolleyes:
 
Last edited:

JDM-P5

The Jamaican Sensation
:
2006 Speed6 GT
z00mer said:
Well..... after having my rear diff crap out (what'd you expect when all the rust falls off a car from New York, and then relocates to Las Vegas), I got a semi-new rear diff off a 99' (only had 25K on it) installed!
Major improvement!!!(drive2)

Also.... getting ready to install my new Koni set-up that a friend and me put together.

Looks like it's going to be a l-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ng weekend of soaking things with PB Blaster.:rolleyes:
Heh heh...sweet!
Is that a Torsen unit?
 

Aricjm15

ah crap
:
05 MSM
installed my Hydra ems the other day. I have the idle and most of the correction factors set, just a ton more tuning needs to be done.
I didnt realize untill after i did the first round of auto-tuning that FM has it set to run 11:1 after 10psi of boost :(

also my launch control is not working correctly
 

JDM-P5

The Jamaican Sensation
:
2006 Speed6 GT
Aricjm15 said:
installed my Hydra ems the other day. I have the idle and most of the correction factors set, just a ton more tuning needs to be done.
I didnt realize untill after i did the first round of auto-tuning that FM has it set to run 11:1 after 10psi of boost :(

also my launch control is not working correctly
I would love to get the launch control module...where did you purchase it from?
 
Top