What have you done to your Mazda6 today?

You are right about the codes, the o2 sensor replacement should solve the problem.
As well, YES most definitely YES you have to clear the code after you replace the sensors.
The ECU will then adjust and you will know real soon if it really solved the problem or if it trips a code again.

P0051 - http://engine-codes.com/p0051_mazda.html (Read the TECH NOTES for this code, something to double check)
P0154 - http://engine-codes.com/p0154_mazda.html

cheers!
srry, the 6 forum section has been a bit dead lately.

Last edited:
hi Guys, I just joined this forum today.
I've been working on my Mazda 6 3.0L with code P0051 and P0154, I just replaced my O2 sensor front ones, the codes showed HO2S (LF) or (RF), either a low circuit on bank 2 sensor 1 (p0051) and no activity on circuit (p0154). Do LF and RF meant Front left and Front Right, O2 sensors? (if so, I just replaced them, but still gave me the same CEL code after Drive testing the car for 40 Km). Or do i have to clear the error code?
Please help or some advice will be appreciated!

Did you reset the ECU after installing new sensors? What's your mileage? Hopefully it's not precat failure..

You are right about the codes, the o2 sensor replacement should solve the problem.
As well, YES most definitely YES you have to clear the code after you replace the sensors.
The ECU will then adjust and you will know real soon if it really solved the problem or if it trips a code again.

P0051 - http://engine-codes.com/p0051_mazda.html (Read the TECH NOTES for this code, something to double check)
P0154 - http://engine-codes.com/p0154_mazda.html

cheers!
srry, the 6 forum section has been a bit dead lately.

Thanks for you reply and link to the error codes, batou079, I will erase the code tonite when i get home and will let you know later if any code will show up...much appreciate the help! Gudday (2thumbs)

how much did you pay for you smoke tail lights? looks good
Actually, it was yesterday...I waxed the baby (thumb) Been using Meguiar`s NXT on my last two cars...looks great!

Maz6_2.jpg

Install a new CorkSport front mounting intercooler kit, Autotech high pressure fuel pump upgrade and Cobb AccessPORT ECU Programmer stage 2

Attachments

• Installed MS6 engine bayfmic.jpg
    Installed MS6 engine bayfmic.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 263
2009 Mazda6 GT

Custom Tint, Black Plasti Dip Symbols, Lowered, Tinted Head lights & Tail lights, Tinted Spoiler, Black Rims Murdered Out Mazda.
lightbox

lightbox

Let me know what you think!

Mazda Enthusiast of
2009 Mazda 6 GT
2013 Mazda CX5 GT
2013 Mazda CX9 GT

Today I did wannabe's "free" aux input cable mod to my 6, and while the trim was all pulled out I cleaned twelve years of accumulated unpleasantness from the deeper recesses of my 2004 car.

My 6 has been with me for two days total and is my first Mazda and if I can say this without being super patronising I am very impressed. Mazda as a brand has never featured on my car buying radar, as my head has been turned in the past by audis mainly. The sudden need for a cheap car and the proximity of my neighbor selling his 6 has introduced me to Mazdas and I think I might stick around. Very well engineered car!

Today I did wannabe's "free" aux input cable mod to my 6, and while the trim was all pulled out I cleaned twelve years of accumulated unpleasantness from the deeper recesses of my 2004 car.

My 6 has been with me for two days total and is my first Mazda and if I can say this without being super patronising I am very impressed. Mazda as a brand has never featured on my car buying radar, as my head has been turned in the past by audis mainly. The sudden need for a cheap car and the proximity of my neighbor selling his 6 has introduced me to Mazdas and I think I might stick around. Very well engineered car!

Welcome to the Mazda 6 Community... I've owned all kind of cars... No German cars but this has been my favorite car in 24 years of driving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad people are still finding that useful!

Back