What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

Got my exhaust fixed with a new inline silencer and piping. Nice to be quiet again.

Also wired a licence plate backup camera through the hatch. Such a pain - took about 1.5hrs just for that part.
Still have to run the wire all the way to the front (ran out of daylight).
Tip: run wire on drivers side - might not seem like it, but there are openings to fish wires through that dumb hatch.

Replaced rear pads. The caliper bushing was sticky and one of the pads was down to the rivets, lubed the snot out of the slider pins.

Washed both cars today

And installed these

Ill see if this actually works when it rains in socal lol

No silly, its a Mazda5 with visors over the mirrors :p Didn't the Mazda MX6 have the oscillating vents in the mid nineties also? They did, I remember my uncle had an MX6 GT Turbo, which i thought was the coolest thing in the entire world....

No silly, its a Mazda5 with visors over the mirrors :p Didn't the Mazda MX6 have the oscillating vents in the mid nineties also? They did, I remember my uncle had an MX6 GT Turbo, which i thought was the coolest thing in the entire world....

Not sure if the mx had those.. know for sure the 626 and millennia does. I still think they are cool.. very late 90s/very early 00s

Haha.... just saw the visors pretty neat @fadz

Last edited:
Got the 2 rear wheel arches replaced and painted. The 2 rusted rear panels were cut out and new ones welded in and painted. Unfortunately the panels were only available from Mazda so it was expensive. Have to go back next week for a polishing after the clear coat had some time to cure and rust proofing. Took 4 days and cost $2000CAN.

The low side AC hose also decided to spring a leak. It will also be replace and AC fill next week.

The rusted pictures were taken last fall, it was much worst this spring.

2vt4pcx.jpg

2e4kltw.jpg

16kj08.jpg

vwtngo.jpg

I wish my vents oscillate lol my nissan doesnt even talk. My friends turbo model talks saying "door ajar" lol i wish it would talk but i think i would get annoyed within a week lol

Got the 2 rear wheel arches replaced and painted. The 2 rusted rear panels were cut out and new ones welded in and painted. Unfortunately the panels were only available from Mazda so it was expensive. Have to go back next week for a polishing after the clear coat had some time to cure and rust proofing. Took 4 days and cost $2000CAN.

The low side AC hose also decided to spring a leak. It will also be replace and AC fill next week.

The rusted pictures were taken last fall, it was much worst this spring.

2vt4pcx.jpg

2e4kltw.jpg

16kj08.jpg

vwtngo.jpg

Damn thats an expensive fix. Glad to see the rust issue got fixed those things spread like crazy

Planned to keep the car for another 2 or 3 years, so decided to fix the rust. Is a 2006 with 155,000 KM, now the low side AC hose sprang a leak, going to get that fix too this week. Hope nothing else will go wrong. Will change spark plugs, brake and power steering fluid before fall.

I think I have to do that as well, Just noticed this spring that I have a little rust coming out on the arches because my previous tires rubbed and hooked the paint off the rear arches.

My wife surprised me with a brand new set of 18"x 8" +48mm Drag DR-31 matte black wheels for my girl as an early Father's Day present.

ywB6Der.jpg

My wife surprised me with a brand new set of 18"x 8" +48mm Drag DR-31 matte black wheels for my girl as an early Father's Day present.

ywB6Der.jpg
Thats a damn good woman, keep her. The 5 looks like a keeper too!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Back