What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

Got my girl new kicks and may I add she looks sexy as f*ck!
WBI7aDl.jpg

Looks like there might be missing lug on the front wheel?

I finally figured out what the shelf is for under my shifter. Holds 8 foot 2x4s with only about an inch and a half of wiggle room. Awesome

AsStfwr.jpg

Curse you and your RX8 wheels! I had almost, but not quite gotten over wanting a set of those, then you go and put that smokin hot picture up. Of course, your car is newer and not nearly as beat up as mine but still.....

Curse you and your RX8 wheels! I had almost, but not quite gotten over wanting a set of those, then you go and put that smokin hot picture up. Of course, your car is newer and not nearly as beat up as mine but still.....

LMFAO! Just get a set. It will make your MZ5 look ten times better even if its beat up! LOL

LMFAO! Just get a set. It will make your MZ5 look ten times better even if its beat up! LOL
Every time I get close to pulling the trigger on RX8s I look at what the tires are going to cost me, then I get to thinking about running 45 series tires again (and what that will do to my finally creamy ride quality) and my lust begins to fade. I think I wil put the money into a J swapped Miata instead :p Oh and BTW, I have now gone two tanks on mid-grade gas and there is an undeniable increase in fuel economy. The first tank I went 400 miles exactly on 15 gallons of fuel, second tank I went 394 on 14.6 gallons. My usual on regular this early spring had been 350 miles on the same amount of fuel, so I have gained a one way commute in better gas mileage Woot!

Last edited:
Just came back from a 1500 km round trip vacation.
Got an average of 11.2L/100Km on the highway getting there and back and 9.5/100 driving around town, I guess driving up the mountains really sucks the gas.

Oh and BTW, I have now gone two tanks on mid-grade gas and there is an undeniable increase in fuel economy. The first tank I went 400 miles exactly on 15 gallons of fuel, second tank I went 394 on 14.6 gallons. My usual on regular this early spring had been 350 miles on the same amount of fuel, so I have gained a one way commute in better gas mileage Woot!

I'm really surprised to hear that you're getting ~10% better fuel economy on higher octane gas - what octanes are you comparing 85 vs 87, or 87 vs 89? Maybe there is something else wrong with the engine that is causing it not to run well on the lower octane gas?(carbon buildup?) Do you have ethanol in your gas? High ethanol gas has lower miles/gallon. All the articles I've seen says that higher octane gas should have little to no effect on gas milage.

This is a change from 87 to 89 octane in the mid-Atlantic region where 10% ethanol is the norm. My favorite station has a 0 ethanol pump, but they charge the same as premium for regular grade so I haven't tried it. The car has 193K on it, the plugs were last changed with Denso Iridiums at 110K. I have not replaced the coil packs as I've never seen a reason to shell out the moolah, she idles and runs smoothly. This is the second car that I have seen a marked increase in economy with when switching to higher octane gas AT 200K. On a newer car, like my wifes 2010 CRV with 88K on it, I wouldn't bother switching as I"m pretty sure a mileage improvement would be negligible. I'll be watching my scanguage to see if the ECU dials the improvement out as I go along, but I don't think it will. My Subaru still gets about 10% better economy with the 89 octane two years after switching....
And the odds of my 5 having carbon buildup is very low, lets just say I like to let her eat at least once or twice a week :p

Last edited:
Yeah not the cleanest but not to bad. It doesn't look as bad in person just pics seem to enhance it.

I did one side in complete darkness and it over-rolled the lip a bit... bugs the hell out of me. I need to try and correct it with a torch, some ice, and a hammer. :(

Finally replaced my worn out sway bar end links with Moog's. Didnt expect them to be beefier than OE's...

attachment.php

Last edited:
Whats the part number on the Moogs with grease fittings? I'm a gonna go get a set of those bad boys right this damn minute! New kicks look nice on the silver 5 man!

Back