What have you done to your Mazda3 today?

I finally managed to find a Axela SP23 sedan, in manual!

Its a japanese import, so i think there are a few differences. E.g. its got a cable throttle, and the redline is 7k. Got some RX8 mags waiting for tires – But they're on coffee table duty at present so it might have to wait ;)

20080719-DSC_0040.jpg

20080719-DSC_0041.jpg

20080719-DSC_0044.jpg

20080719-DSC_0037.jpg

cleaned and washed her, changed her oil, fed her and put in lucas fuel cleaner. she's quiet, but thats only because she's still enjoying her meal =)

20080719-DSC_0044.jpg

dude i was staring at this pic of yours and saying how the hell is his radio and climate gauge on the left? did he reverse the pic? then i realized im the one thats backwards rofls

I finally managed to find a Axela SP23 sedan, in manual!
Its a japanese import, so i think there are a few differences. E.g. its got a cable throttle, and the redline is 7k. Got some RX8 mags waiting for tires But they're on coffee table duty at present so it might have to wait ;)

I think I envy you. A cable throttle!!! I'm beginning to wish I'd never heard of ETBs. They are unmanageable and unchangeable... w/o a good tuner (and lotsa' $$$) that knows how to get around that.
Is your new car a 2.3L (SP23) w/5-sp, I would assume?
Congrats Sims!!

And krimsonviper, the 180 speedo should have been a tip off too... 'course that's km/hr, not mph.
And though you can't see it, the handbrake is next to the driver in his instead of across the console... a plus for those wanting to use it to steer the car in the slippery stuff.

Yep its a 2.3. I've been quite pleasantly surprised with how it gets along. Bar some slightly stiffer springs it would be a blast to trash around a track, for a standard "economy" car. Found it breaks loose very easily in the wet. So hopefully some 8" wide toyos help with that.
:)

I you want to throw her around a track, I wouldn't put those 8 wheels on. Those things are heavy!! Go lighter weight for better handling and overall preformance.
And if the OE Goodyear's ore still on there, yeah, by all means replace them. They SUCK!! Almost anything would be an improvement.

Dropped off one my RX8 rims to get resprayed this morning... Totally overlooked the fact that its shadow chrome and going to be expensive. :(

Was totally digging the rain sensing wipers on the way home tho. :)

Installed TRZ "Dog Bone" Rear Motor Mount. The stock mount is just horrible to look at. :(

IMAGE_055.jpg

IMAGE_054.jpg

Installed Flex Innovations Grounding Wire Kit. Now I have two grounding kits hooked up. One is BuddyClub Condensor and the other is Flex Innovations. I'm going to test which kit performance better this weekend.

This is my first time on this forum , and of course my 2008 mazda 3 is my first new car. The car is black mica in color , I have a few mods done already , CAI, Magna-flow Cat-back , strut bars , custom front grille , and last but not least I'll be doing my throttle body grounding mod tomorrow. I'm always looking to buy any used or new performance parts for my 3 , got any let me know.
l8r Matty.

This is my first time on this forum , and of course my 2008 mazda 3 is my first new car. The car is black mica in color , I have a few mods done already , CAI, Magna-flow Cat-back , strut bars , custom front grille , and last but not least I'll be doing my throttle body grounding mod tomorrow. I'm always looking to buy any used or new performance parts for my 3 , got any let me know.
l8r Matty.

post some pics up! i wanna c it!

Finally got my rx8 rims on today! Dark shadow chrome is hot! Happy happy.
Dropping next weekend if its fine.

Installed GlowShift Digital oil pressure gauge and did an oil change. (lol2)

Twm Shortshifter!!!

I installed the TWM shortshifter n bushings!!! wat a difference i love it!! it feels way sportier and way stiffer i would recommend it to everyone btw installation was super easy well for me i work on cars alot. but its a deff. a do-it urself thing!

Installed Flex Innovations Grounding Wire Kit. Now I have two grounding kits hooked up. One is BuddyClub Condensor and the other is Flex Innovations. I'm going to test which kit performance better this weekend.

Have you had a chance to compare the two yet? I'm curious to hear what you thought of the two.

I've been getting really pissed at this tire shine that I put on the car, Armorall Extreme Tire Shine Gel, because it took me at least 15 minutes to do one wheel and it slings so bad that it actually got on the top of the rear bumper step plate, the rear glass, MY ROOF, and all the way up to the bottom of the windows...and a bit on the windshield, THE WINDSHIELD!!! WTF?!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

Anybody got suggestions for non-slinging/minimal sling tire shine?

And I put in my high flow air filter by Simota.

Have you had a chance to compare the two yet? I'm curious to hear what you thought of the two.

I wasn't able to compare the two just yet. Currently I have both installed on the car and so I've notice a difference. The car idles real low once it warms up, shifting is smoother and the overal sound of the car has change.

Back