What have you done to your Garage today?

Antoine

Administrator
For those of you that have a Garage (myself not included sadly), what have you done to it today?

Reorganized your tools?

Installed a workbench?

Put up car and or racing memorabilia?

Made a mess doing maintenance on your Mazda? :ROFLMAO:

Let us know and post pics, thanks! 📸

AzteCypher

black ops modifications..
:
2001 Mazda Protege LX
Started sorting through all the spare parts I had. Found a transmission oil filter for a Dodge Durango. Haven't had one in the family for several years. I ended up giving away a box full of stuff I haven't used in years. My luck though, I'll need something from what I just gave away.

Also, finishing up small projects that have been waiting for me for almost a year now. This is making more room in the garage which is encouraging me to roll in the Protege and fix the front main seal and the shifter bushing.

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
I made a bit of a mess doing an oil change and swapping my all-seasons on a couple of days ago. Just a few drops of old oil on the concrete. No big deal, it gives the garage "character" lol.

Somewhat unrelated, but if any of you guys are considering a lighting upgrade from the incandescent E26 bulbs, look into these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F9S7RHQ/?tag=m20b7-20

These LED bulbs are AWESOME. They put out a ridiculous amount of light for what they are. Check out the pictures in the Amazon reviews to get an idea. I highly recommend them, especially if you spend time in your garage doing maintenance or washing the car(s).

AzteCypher

black ops modifications..
:
2001 Mazda Protege LX
I've heard of these and I was thinking about using them. Would you recommend these over the the long LEDs that replace the fluorescent?

Avoidin Deer

Zoom Zoom, baby
Contributor
:
Central Virginia
:
2019 CX-5 Reserve
Somewhat unrelated, but if any of you guys are considering a lighting upgrade from the incandescent E26 bulbs, look into these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F9S7RHQ/?tag=m20b7-20

These LED bulbs are AWESOME. They put out a ridiculous amount of light for what they are. Check out the pictures in the Amazon reviews to get an idea. I highly recommend them, especially if you spend time in your garage doing maintenance or washing the car(s).
I'll have to check these out. I have a 3 car garage with (4) incandescent bulb fixtures. I've installed adapters and hung fluorescent lights in between the incandescents, but it's still not a lot of light. If I install 3 or 4 of these, will I need to wear sunglasses?

Re: the original topic: I really need to clean the garage out. It's nothing more than a 3 car closet at this moment. I need a couple of outbuildings to house my tractor and all the tools I've accumulated so I can make room for other stuff (like my car.)

eta: I watched a review on those lights. They make a 4,000LM and 8,000LM version and one that has motion sensors in it.

Last edited:

Antoine

Administrator
I have a 3 car garage
What dreams are made of...🤣

You guys are awesome...Great start to this thread! Do any of you have air conditioning or a ventilation system in your garage? Seems like a luxury item but I bet that would be nice to have, wouldn't it!

How about floor sealants or coatings?

:
Pueblo county CO
:
CX-5 Sport 16.5 6M
I am going to install this bath fan in the attic access panel in my garage.
My house gets sun on the garage door in the morning and really warms things up so this will help exhaust the heat. 20200405_075354~2.jpg