What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Made some light renovations to our 2-car garage.

95% done repainting walls and doors using Behr Premium plus White in semi-gloss providing brighter glow and more mold/water resistant too. Increased HP by .6

Replaced the torn up garage door bottom seal
Man that was not fun. Did not slide easily like YouTube vids :). Had to trim to fit and use a screwdriver/soapy water to wedge each section in inch by inch. Now looks much better now to seal out dust/water. Increased HP by .008

Washed cars. Increased HP by 3.

Purchased a new shelf unit with some Craftsman storage containers to minimize clutter. No HP increase.

Newer looking garage with clean cars parked inside. Way to ring in 2020!!!!!

I'm redoing my garage as well. It will be a basic man cave. With Dolby Atmos Klipsch system w/125" motorized screen, two workbenches, tool box, etc. I have installed a diy mini split A/C which is great, it gives cold and heat as well. It is smart on top of that.
Last week I have changed the oil and it was great, to work in a 72 degree garage.

Made some light renovations to our 2-car garage.

95% done repainting walls and doors using Behr Premium plus White in semi-gloss providing brighter glow and more mold/water resistant too. Increased HP by .6

Replaced the torn up garage door bottom seal
Man that was not fun. Did not slide easily like YouTube vids :). Had to trim to fit and use a screwdriver/soapy water to wedge each section in inch by inch. Now looks much better now to seal out dust/water. Increased HP by .008

Washed cars. Increased HP by 3.

Purchased a new shelf unit with some Craftsman storage containers to minimize clutter. No HP increase.

Newer looking garage with clean cars parked inside. Way to ring in 2020!!!!!

Nice! If you're interested in a lighting upgrade, may I suggest the deformable LED lights? They screw into the standard E26/27 socket but put out a fuckton more light. They look like these ones, but the ones I bought came from AliExpress. I can post a picture if you want to see the output.

Did not slide easily like YouTube vids :). Had to trim to fit and use a screwdriver/soapy water to wedge each section in inch by inch.

Sounds like when I replace my garbage disposal about 3 years ago and the videos were saying the old one could just unscrew out of the mount. Sure...if it wasn't rusted onto the mount! Not to mention the flange was completely stuck on as well, so I ended up just getting vice grips and bending it in so it would fit through the sink hole once I got the rest of it unstuck.

Sounds like when I replace my garbage disposal about 3 years ago and the videos were saying the old one could just unscrew out of the mount. Sure...if it wasn't rusted onto the mount! Not to mention the flange was completely stuck on as well, so I ended up just getting vice grips and bending it in so it would fit through the sink hole once I got the rest of it unstuck.

2 years ago I bought a new Badger disposal but with higher HP. Luckily it was literally plug and play with no change to piping and mounts. Cannot recall if I used plumbers silicone grease on the mount's surface?

I'm redoing my garage as well. It will be a basic man cave. With Dolby Atmos Klipsch system w/125" motorized screen, two workbenches, tool box, etc. I have installed a diy mini split A/C which is great, it gives cold and heat as well. It is smart on top of that.
Last week I have changed the oil and it was great, to work in a 72 degree garage.

I try to schedule my oil changes during fall and spring if possible......but damn. That's a man cave!!! The only thing I have is playing YouTube music vids on my tiny lap computer speakers while detailing/working on my car.

Nice! If you're interested in a lighting upgrade, may I suggest the deformable LED lights? They screw into the standard E26/27 socket but put out a fuckton more light. They look like these ones, but the ones I bought came from AliExpress. I can post a picture if you want to see the output.

I 've got some small nifty lights for engine bay and suspension work but Better lighting is on my list in general for the garage would be nice.

Boy, that’s so nice and I just don’t think my wife would let me do it.

And so as the Homeowner Association if you unfortunately have one ⋯ ;)

Man, when my garage was built I installed my old Lafayette receiver (12 watts, baby) and thought I was downtown! First stereo I ever purchased...back in '72.

I'd like to install a climate system, bit it's a 3 car garage with no insulation and no ceiling.

I want to make it like a room w/insulation(almost done). 7.1.4 system, Onkyo TX-RZ730, 2x towers w/2x8" drivers, 4x bookshelves, and 4 x ceiling speakers, 1 x 15" sub, 1 x 10" sub, 1 center speaker( 4 x drivers).
All Reference Premiere series, not the Best Buy cheapy ones.
Video surveillance system, put together by me, server build by me running on Blue Iris, with all Dahua commercial grade cameras, not all in one box from Costco. These are big all metal cameras, 2 x PTZ once, one w/auto tracking. Licence plate monitor as well, w/licence plate recorder w/pictures.
I have a microscope, oscilloscope, Flir thermal gun, power supplies, soldering stations, hot air stations, etc..

I want to make it like a room w/insulation(almost done). 7.1.4 system, Onkyo TX-RZ730, 2x towers w/2x8" drivers, 4x bookshelves, and 4 x ceiling speakers, 1 x 15" sub, 1 x 10" sub, 1 center speaker( 4 x drivers).
All Reference Premiere series, not the Best Buy cheapy ones.
Video surveillance system, put together by me, server build by me running on Blue Iris, with all Dahua commercial grade cameras, not all in one box from Costco. These are big all metal cameras, 2 x PTZ once, one w/auto tracking. Licence plate monitor as well, w/licence plate recorder w/pictures.
I have a microscope, oscilloscope, Flir thermal gun, power supplies, soldering stations, hot air stations, etc..
These are all serious stuff ⋯ (cool)

My s*** got hit today 😪
Sideswiped by a truck who "didn't see me" when changing lane (we'll call it that since he was cooperating). Damage on driver fender and bumper cover, scuffs on wheel. Also the mirror went in but il have to look at it again for dmg. Got rear ended last month by a company van too, hadn't had that fixed yet but just got the payment to do so from the offenders insurance. So I guess I'll just get both fixed at once.. ppl around here are suck drivers

Brought it home...2019 CX5 Signature in EBM.
Congrats.

I see you joined in October. Did you just buy it or was it in for repairs (sorry if you've said elsewhere)? I joined August 2018 and finally made my purchase in March 2019.

ps: Nice color choice. Same color as my Reserve. I love it. You don't see many of that blue around.

Congrats.

I see you joined in October. Did you just buy it or was it in for repairs (sorry if you've said elsewhere)? I joined August 2018 and finally made my purchase in March 2019.

ps: Nice color choice. Same color as my Reserve. I love it. You don't see many of that blue around.

Thanks AD! Just bought it today after looking at the Tiguan, CRV, and new Escape. I think it was simply the best value of what I looked at, and I couldn’t see spending more for less...simply to be getting a “premium” nameplate.

Thanks AD! Just bought it today after looking at the Tiguan, CRV, and new Escape. I think it was simply the best value of what I looked at, and I couldn’t see spending more for less...simply to be getting a “premium” nameplate.
I started out looking for a low-mileage used SUV/CUV and discovered that the payments (high resale value x used car interest rates) were not all that much lower than buying new at the promo interest rates. I ended up at the Mazda dealer kinda by accident...it was next to Carmax. (I wonder if the high resale value of used cars is still the Cash For Clunkers effect).

The CR-V (and other Honda models) oil dilution issue/lack of corporate response scared me off of that brand.

I did not particularly like the RAV-4, and their goofy package configurations were tough to wade through and did not offer everything I wanted.

I started reading about the CX-5, and all the reviewers gushed over them. Once I got behind the wheel I was extremely impressed. When I drove the turbo, I was even more impressed!

9 months later I still love it.

My s*** got hit today 😪
Sideswiped by a truck who "didn't see me" when changing lane (we'll call it that since he was cooperating). Damage on driver fender and bumper cover, scuffs on wheel. Also the mirror went in but il have to look at it again for dmg. Got rear ended last month by a company van too, hadn't had that fixed yet but just got the payment to do so from the offenders insurance. So I guess I'll just get both fixed at once.. ppl around here are suck drivers
This seems to be my personal experience that whenever I accomplished some major work to my car, something bad happens ⋯

Sorry to hear it. Not just San Antonio with plenty of bad drivers, Dallas is not much better. San Jose is even worse!

picked up my 2016 CX-5 on Monday, finally got around to installing my Blackvue front/rear cams today... cause people suck at driving and they lie... a lot

Sorry to hear, about all your troubles Chris. I had two accidents myself, since I owned this car. Never happened that before, two accidents with one car.

Installed HID lights on my 2013 Sport. They look fantastic. I did the plain DDM Tuning 35W 4300K set on the low beams. No extra hardware required, just that kit and some Gorilla tape to adhere the ballasts. I wish I could remember which user recommended these. They were spot on. The color is a great white. Not yellow or blue.

The headlights needed a good deal of downward adjustment. I was able to get a clean line that ends about 100 ft down the road just doing a quick and dirty eyeball adjustment on flat road.

next time I drive at night I’ll have to test FM reception. Absolute best mod I’ve ever done for A car, especially considering the low $35 price tag.

Back