What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Prepping for winter... ordered a set of 3D MAXpider front and rear mats. Shhh, they're a birthday gift for the wife.

Progress on Big Brake Kit
E60D3AF6-17F4-4B48-BCA6-BA643CC919C8.jpg~original

F430D8E0-AE4E-4FAE-91F4-B159678D48E7.jpg~original

Last edited:
Usually I'm driving this

But then sometimes this

And only when it's sunny this

(drive2)

I noticed you posted those in the other thread. What are the specs on your wheels? I know u kept the 17s and same tires. I'm on H&R springs and I like the feel of my 17s.

Mazstyle, did you replace by any chance the wheel studs? I'm looking for specs on these, because I need longer ones.

Progress on Big Brake Kit
E60D3AF6-17F4-4B48-BCA6-BA643CC919C8.jpg~original

-4FAE-91F4-B159678D48E7.jpg~original

Nice, a real BBK and not some corny stick on LOL. BTW a machine shop local is fabbing me new inner rods (120mm) for $140, to use with my auto exe's. this should solve my issue with binding (I'm currently on the oem links with softest setting so I don't risk damaging my auto exe's). Then I can look into the camber arm, which I will try to use the same shop to modify, then new tires lol.

Thanks Chris, It takes a good modder like yourself to recognise effort and stuff that's being done.

I just got back from traveling away , I did show my engineer your email and he was going to get back to me on custom rods for you, but looks like you managed to source locally, Good stuff as you will absolutely notice a lovely difference in body roll on the hard setting.

Ill keep the info flowing just like you do so hopefully we can further inspire others to take the leap.

"Nice, a real BBK and not some corny stick on LOL. BTW a machine shop local is fabbing me new inner rods (120mm) for $140, to use with my auto exe's. this should solve my issue with binding (I'm currently on the oem links with softest setting so I don't risk damaging my auto exe's). Then I can look into the camber arm, which I will try to use the same shop to modify, then new tires lol"

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415553120.881512.jpg
Getting an alignment (lifetime alignment from Firestone). Had H&R springs for Abt a week a half. No need for winter tires as its 81 degrees in Los Angeles. Limo tint in the back and ceramic tints in the front. Going to get new wheels after the holidays.

Changed her Wiper After getting a Starter because Winter is coming :) And Does anybody know where to get a Cx5 2014 2.5 Air intake system????

Changed her Wiper After getting a Starter because Winter is coming :) And Does anybody know where to get a Cx5 2014 2.5 Air intake system????

Non JDM offerings are corksport and jbr sri

What did you get and how much $... if you don't mind?

I was in Toronto late last week and was surprised at the number of Mazdas I saw. Nice to see.

Thanks.
225-65-17 Bridgestone Blizzak WS80 on RTX Zen alloys. I was going to go with steel wheels but Simply Tire gave me a good deal on the upgrade and install. Pricing in Canada is generally higher than US.

6295b422677bcb47eab24f4d1a17a06b.jpg

Not a fan of Plastidip emblem with dark color body though, tried today and happy with the result, hope the red 'X' spice up the bored lift gate.
vp86t0.jpg

I have installed OEM roof rails, keeping the cross-bars off the car for now.
I am wondering if I should keep the plastic slide-ins on the rails or off. If off, it would require popping the end piece each time I want to put the cross-bars in and again when taking them out. If on all the time, perhaps a small increase in wind resistance, but perhaps barely measurable.

I have picked up these.
View attachment 208959
Most likely, I will have to bore out the hub diameter and get some wobble nuts. I'm a machinist and my boss it's OK with that.
They are reps, but they seem to be of a high quality.
Color will be changed, so I'm not worried about those scratches.
They are 20x9xET40 wheels and they cost me $355 all four.
I was hoping to get 19" wheels for more rubber and less weight, but I could not let these go. I will have 245/45/R20 tires.
Wheel is 31.5Lb.
I'm going for this look(Audi TTS).
1024x768_ars3_d_10017.jpg

31 freakin pounds, you gotta be outta yo mind.

Between mnet, vwvortex and 247, this is the single funniest post I've ever red. Chris I'll be in boerne in February. We should drink and shoot hogs.
Rick

Hey, I'll rent a plane and fly to Boerne Stage. I haven't fired a weapon since basic in 2007 though lol.

Back