What have you done to your CX-5 today?

yrwei52

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
Definitely shouldn't happen, but if I remember right, tibi was on modified suspension.
The degrading on rubber boots themselves has nothing to do with suspension mods. It has everything to do with material used (quality and reliability issue). Not to mention the early failure on engine mount which has nothing to do with suspension mods.

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
The degrading on rubber boots themselves has nothing to do with suspension mods. It has everything to do with material used (quality and reliability issue). Not to mention the early failure on engine mount which has nothing to do with suspension mods.

Check your PMs.

tibimakai

San Dimas CA
:
USA
:
2014 CX-5 Touring
A tire mechanic told me, that Mazdas and Kias suffer from rubber bushing issues, meaning they don't last long.
I have never seen this type of failure, so early in the car's life.

tibimakai

San Dimas CA
:
USA
:
2014 CX-5 Touring
I know that I'm taking a big chance on this Alfa(quality wise), but I can't stop. I have to have it.
It seems like, most of the issues are coming from a weak Varta battery.

tibimakai

San Dimas CA
:
USA
:
2014 CX-5 Touring
A reminder, on how it looked my SUV:
20151105_082531.jpg
20151109_164238.jpg
20160809_072044.jpg

yrwei52

Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
I know that I'm taking a big chance on this Alfa(quality wise), but I can't stop. I have to have it.
It seems like, most of the issues are coming from a weak Varta battery.
Sometimes you want to do something with your intuition without hesitation. There’s nothing wrong getting an Alfa Romeo Stelvio. I’ve been wanting an Alfa for a long time, but common sense has always stopped me. Alfa Romeo Stelvio will be a great CUV for you to enjoy, as long as you don’t plan to keep it forever. Please report us back about your driving experience on your new Alfa.

Varta battery is big in Europe like Panasonic battery in Japan. But weak battery is not a major issue and can be replaced easily.

tibimakai

San Dimas CA
:
USA
:
2014 CX-5 Touring
Alfa owners are replacing them with AGM batteries, and the issues stop.
My CX5 battery lasted 2 years. In over 6 years, I was on my third battery(!)
There are definitely more complaints on their forum than here, but a lot of owners are saying, that what CR and other sites are saying, it's not true.

:
2014 CX-5 Touring
I just recently installed the 3rd battery in our 2014, under warranty since the last one (Interstate from Costco) went less than the 3.5 year warranty. The OEM battery lasted right at 5 years (Jan 2013 build date, replaced in January 2018).

No problems that I've seen with the ball joint boots, tie rod boots or engine mounts on ours so far, at 114K miles.

tibimakai

San Dimas CA
:
USA
:
2014 CX-5 Touring
I will be selling the Corksport springs, adjustable lateral links (custom made, probably the only one in the world, that it was done this way, and not camber arms) and camber bolts.

Antoine

Administrator
I will be selling the Corksport springs, adjustable lateral links (custom made, probably the only one in the world, that it was done this way, and not camber arms) and camber bolts.
Side note... @tibimakai please note if you wish to sell them here, to do so in our For Sale Forum and check the Marketplace Rules...

Thanks!

tibimakai

San Dimas CA
:
USA
:
2014 CX-5 Touring
Thanks Antoine. Yes, I know about the rules, I just wanted people to be aware what I'm about to do.
Not everybody looks at that part of the forum.

tibimakai

San Dimas CA
:
USA
:
2014 CX-5 Touring
OK, here it is, took some quick pictures at the dealer. Has a chocolate interior.
$33k+TTL(total: $37k) It is a 2020 base with wireless phone charger.

Attachments

• 20210422_135645.jpg
    20210422_135645.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 84
  • 20210422_145233.jpg
    20210422_145233.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 84

yrwei52

Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
OK, here it is, took some quick pictures at the dealer. Has a chocolate interior.
Nice! The exhausts look huge! 😲

Is the Alfa Romeo Stelvio about the same size as CX-5? Where does the front license plate go? I’ll try my every way to avoid the plate installed in the middle of “front bumper”, otherwise it’d be a disaster

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature

Congrats on the new car! Looks good.

Feel free to create a separate thread about your new car in the Lounge, just to keep posts in this thread on topic. Thanks!

Latest posts