What have you done to your CX-5 today?

:
Southwest Ohio
:
'19 CX-5 diesel
Replaced front pads & rotors on our 16.5 cx5 touring this weekend while I was swapping the summer wheels/tires on. The rotors were causing some pulsing during stops so went ahead and changed everything out. 105.5k miles on original pads & rotors with even wear 4mm inside and 5mm outside pads remaining. Those could've gone another 30k miles I think.

Raybestos element3 pads & coated rotors.

Job was very straightforward and easy. 14mm caliper pin bolts, 17mm bracket bolts. Rotors popped right off when the m8 x 1.25 bolt was screwed into extractor hole. Caliper slide pins were free moving and boots were intact. Gently push the caliper piston back in with a c-clamp and wire brushed the pad seats in the bracket and installed new "clips" and the pads popped easily in. I've been impressed with how easy Mazda's have been to work on.

Should be good for another 100k miles

:
2018 AWD GT Premium Red/Black
Replaced front pads & rotors on our 16.5 cx5 touring this weekend while I was swapping the summer wheels/tires on. The rotors were causing some pulsing during stops so went ahead and changed everything out. 105.5k miles on original pads & rotors with even wear 4mm inside and 5mm outside pads remaining. Those could've gone another 30k miles I think.

Raybestos element3 pads & coated rotors.

Job was very straightforward and easy. 14mm caliper pin bolts, 17mm bracket bolts. Rotors popped right off when the m8 x 1.25 bolt was screwed into extractor hole. Caliper slide pins were free moving and boots were intact. Gently push the caliper piston back in with a c-clamp and wire brushed the pad seats in the bracket and installed new "clips" and the pads popped easily in. I've been impressed with how easy Mazda's have been to work on.

Should be good for another 100k miles
I did all 4 of mine this winter around 35K. Probably would have lasted as long as yours. It was way earlier than necessary, but I figured if I'm going to open them up, might as well have parts on hand. With parts on hand, might as well swap them in :) since otherwise I'd be storing them for years.

:
‘21 CX-5 Sig
Not a vehicle-specific mod, but my Uniden R3 arrived today. I’ve gone without a RD since ‘16, so it’ll take some getting used to. I don’t play “fast and furious” out on the roads— it’s more for awareness when I’m just a bit over the limit.

I’m going to either tap into the rear view mirror power or run Uniden’s hardwire kit to place the mute button somewhere convenient, but I’m open to anyone who has a suggestion for a mirror mount (or mount near the mirror). I saw blendmount makes a decent mount, but it’s also $100+.

Upcoming...

Tint
Swap oem 19s for Carbon Edition black wheels (oem)
Window visors/vents (oem)

Long term planning...

Lowering (research phase)
CS exhaust
CS SRI (I very much want more turbo sounds)

Last edited:
from the knowledge sharing document here are the part numbers and a few resources for the OEM rubber cargo liners:

0000-8D-R01GEN1
0000-8B-R23GEN2
Always appreciate your references to the doc but this time it's not relevant. That source is sold out.

Edit: Found it at BAM Wholesale Parts for $75 shipped. If you're thinking of getting the AliBaba / eBay cargo liners for $30-40, don't waste your time. I had one delivered and it's made of a plastic, not rubber as you'd expect. Easily deformed, didn't fit right, so I didn't want to mess around with it and just sent it back. Original Mazda seemed like the best deal to me.

Last edited:

yrwei52

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
Always appreciate your references to the doc but this time it's not relevant. That source is sold out.

Edit: Found it at BAM Wholesale Parts for $75 shipped. If you're thinking of getting the AliBaba / eBay cargo liners for $30-40, don't waste your time. I had one delivered and it's made of a plastic, not rubber as you'd expect. Easily deformed, didn't fit right, so I didn't want to mess around with it and just sent it back. Original Mazda seemed like the best deal to me.
For $75 on genuine Mazda cargo mat, it has to be for gen-1 CX-5. This Mazda dealer in Canada usually has better price on Mazda genuine accessories.

885646EE-F2DD-4EC0-B325-9659B3BE0546.jpeg

CA1746DF-2B9F-4709-BBD0-775F493357BB.jpeg

7324AD99-6D6F-4FD7-802F-01BF1F6B300A.jpeg

3B43EAC8-C14E-4A4C-BB2A-F9B035D2836F.jpeg

11174B1A-0877-48CE-9D4E-DA4C4FAE78D4.jpeg

yrwei52

Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
Im not in Canada.

0000-8B-R23​
2017-2021 Mazda CX-5 Cargo Liner All Weather Rubber OEM 0000-8B-R23​
$63.73​
Scarborough Mazda in Canada will sell and ship Mazda parts and accessories to US customers. Here’s Mazda genuine "Premium floor liners" available only in Canada and we can get them at Scarborough Mazda in Canada.

Yeah, it's Scarborough Mazda in Canada https://mazdashop.ca/collections/20...loor-liners-1st-row-mazda-cx-5-2017-2018-2019 . You can get them on Amazon and ebay as well, but they are actually a little cheaper ordering direct from the Scarborough dealership, right now $141 for front and $99 for rear vs $150 and $110 on Amazon/Ebay. All 3 have free shipping.

Scarborough Mazda in Canada will sell and ship Mazda parts and accessories to US customers. Here’s Mazda genuine "Premium floor liners" available only in Canada and we can get them at Scarborough Mazda in Canada.

I really don't understand your post? You're telling me I should buy from that place? Their price for the rubber trunk mat is significantly higher :

Cargo Tray | Mazda CX-5 (2017-2021)​

$117.83 USD

yrwei52

Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
I really don't understand your post? You're telling me I should buy from that place? Their price for the rubber trunk mat is significantly higher :

Cargo Tray | Mazda CX-5 (2017-2021)​

$117.83 USD
Of course not. You should buy your stuff from a reputable online place wherever the price is lower. My post was to tell you that you can get Mazda stuff from this Canadian Mazda dealer if their price is lower. You post sounded like since you’re not in Canada, you can’t get Mazda accessories from them.

chiefmg

MOTM July 2015
:
'81 RX-7 GS, '00 Miata SE, '16 Camaro (wife's), '15 CX-5 GT AWD
Been having a shuddering under braking as before. Did some research and found the caliper sliding pins are installed differently between the fronts and rears. I always put stuff back in the same location I remove them from, but decided to be thorough and check. Sure enough I switched the pins on the rear calipers so corrected that and lubed all of the pins while I was at it. Next drive will tell if I fixed it or if there is something else going on.

Also found out I wasn't imagining it leaning more during cornering, the driver's rear sway bar end link was missing its nut (and the passenger side nut was loose). I double-nutted both.

:
2019 Cx-5 sport
Well, washing/waxing my CX-5 the other day, noticed a small dent in the hood. So took it to dent works, the tech there looked at it and said it'll cost $80 to fix. I said when can you do it? He said right now, took him 10 minutes!

I can't see where the dent was, so I'm happy...Don't know how I got the dent, glad it was easily fixed.

tibimakai

San Dimas CA
:
USA
:
2014 CX-5 Touring
Sold my CX5 to Carvana.
I'm saying good by guys/girls.
In the next few days, I'm getting a 2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Base w/wireless charger. Nothing fancy.
Red exterior w/black interior for $33k +TTL.

Latest posts