What have you done to your CX-5 today?

yrwei52

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
Just ordered another CX5 0w20 oil change kit, plus 2 extra quarts of oil since I've been needing to add a quart mid-way between oil changes, from Amazon. Free shipping made it WAY cheaper than Priority Mazda, which wanted $35 shipping to send a $42 oil change kit.
Mazds Moly oil? Have a link? Still don’t want try Mazda approved 5W-30 oil?

:
13' CX-5 and 16' Mazda6 both Touring w/Tech/Bose
I'm jealous of you prime guys today. You can get cheap oil and cheap consumables for your cars. I looked at Amazon for my oil of choice and oddly they only have it in quart containers which is way too expensive.

What region or country are you in?

:
Northern VA
:
2014 CX-5 AWD
yesterday i installed hood struts, trimmed the rear wiper trim so you can lift the rear wiper for cleaning and i also installed a knee bolster pad some months ago so you can brace your knee against the center console while driving spiritedly

EC74B58E-C976-4C93-B414-C4098D550716.jpeg
0F5AD2A2-93A0-465E-9D69-B35792A8751B.jpeg
21E06EBD-9B2F-4963-BF69-477D55E76848.jpeg
1F486AFE-7BD6-4929-BDCA-4DD09CC0B7B5.jpeg

:
Northern VA
:
2014 CX-5 AWD
I like this mod the best! (y)

How much cutting required on the cap?
if you remove the rear wiper cap, you will see that there is a tab that prevents you from pulling the wiper up with the cap on. the tab is probably 1/2 an inch or so. i just scored it with a dull pocket knife and bent it back till it snapped at the base.

yrwei52

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
if you remove the rear wiper cap, you will see that there is a tab that prevents you from pulling the wiper up with the cap on. the tab is probably 1/2 an inch or so. i just scored it with a dull pocket knife and bent it back till it snapped at the base.
Sounds easy enough. I wonder why Mazda designed this way preventing us lifting up the rear wiper fully? I’ve been lifting the rear wiper fully by removing the cap. I’ll take a look at the cap and see. Thanks!

:
2016.5 CX-5 GT AWD titanium/black 2016 Miata Club ST MT white
Just ordered another CX5 0w20 oil change kit, plus 2 extra quarts of oil since I've been needing to add a quart mid-way between oil changes, from Amazon. Free shipping made it WAY cheaper than Priority Mazda, which wanted $35 shipping to send a $42 oil change kit.

How about that link? I see a case of this oil listed on Amazon for $117. Not a great price. I don't see any 'oil change kits'.

Added a carbon trunk spoiler lip, a sticker to rep my buddies automotive photography companies LOL and that's about it for today
Full build list:
-Corksport lowering springs (after settling in around 5inch drop)
-Advan 19x9 wheels (not on car have no rubber and its end of season)
-25mm wheel spacers all around
-Corksport intake with direct force fed air from under neath the car
-Megan Racing chassis bracing

Love how it handles, weighs less then a German Coupe, and can out autocross a BRZ 😮

Attachments

• IMG_20201017_012752_659.jpg
    IMG_20201017_012752_659.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20201017_203104_783.jpg
    IMG_20201017_203104_783.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20201014_082047_293.jpg
    IMG_20201014_082047_293.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Polish_20201017_185745529.jpg
    Polish_20201017_185745529.jpg
    324.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Polish_20201017_185441021.jpg
    Polish_20201017_185441021.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 46
I'm trying to work up the courage to attempt to remove my "dealer badge" on the back of the car.
Anybody diy'd this with success?
I really hate the fact that they do this btw

:
2019 CX-5 GTR
I'm trying to work up the courage to attempt to remove my "dealer badge" on the back of the car.
Anybody diy'd this with success?
I really hate the fact that they do this btw

Hair dryer and gentle prying it will come off.

For any vehicle I buy at a dealer I ask a simple question "How much do you pay for customer vehicle advertising?". They respond "Huh?" then I say "The dealership logo on the license plate surround or the chrome badge or the vinyl sticker.." they say "oh that.. no we don't pay anything.." me: "OK please remove all dealer logos before I take delivery." them: "grumble grumble"

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature

For any vehicle I buy at a dealer I ask a simple question "How much do you pay for customer vehicle advertising?". They respond "Huh?" then I say "The dealership logo on the license plate surround or the chrome badge or the vinyl sticker.." they say "oh that.. no we don't pay anything.." me: "OK please remove all dealer logos before I take delivery." them: "grumble grumble"

Careful with the gentle prying, even the gentlest touch can damage the paint. Hair dryer to warm up the adhesive and some fishing line to "floss" between the emblem and the paint should be a safer alternative.

:
2019 Mazda CX-5 GT Reserve
Likewise. I even make them write it on the purchase order along with no holes in the front bumper (one plate state) and sure enough I've had it on at delivery. At that point I've told them to remove it before we do any paperwork. Fortunately they didn't drill the front plate holes.

I'm old enough to remember on my first brand new car in 1974 when they were still installing die cast metal dealer logos held on with metal pins into the sheet metal.

Lol. Savage.