What have you done to your CX-5 today?

:
2017 CX-5 Sport
Thinking about doing the same.

Any advice?
I drilled two holes in the bumper cover, from what I saw, zip ties were the only option. Unless of course, you created a custom mount for it. There was literally nothing except the crash bar to mount it to otherwise.

:
2019 CX-5 GTR
A small piece of paint protection film over the bumper plug should do the trick. If and when you need to remove the bumper plug for transporting the vehicle on a flat bed it will be a bit more tricky to get the vinyl off, but you wont loose the piece.

Semi related reading...There are some good gems in these threads...

Over due for a wash, so took it to a nice car wash and then spent some time with some exterior quick detailer to make it shine. Looks nice and sparkly now.

:
2014 CX-5 Touring
Took the family out to breakfast yesterday morning, and as we were getting back into the car, my wife spilled her coffee all down the passenger side of the car. She was about to wipe it with a dry napkin and I was like NO!! Car was long overdue for a wash so that was the perfect reason to go ahead and get it done. Couple hours later and the car is all nice and shiny once again! What a night and day difference of the front wheels with all that gross brake dust gone!

:
2014 CX-5 Touring
How do you plan to use those in winter? I had those on an old car years ago, and would always leave the windows cracked open in the summer at work, without fear of water coming in during a pop-up summer rain shower. Don't think I really made use of them in winter.

:
13' CX-5 and 16' Mazda6 both Touring w/Tech/Bose
Gave CX-5 a garage floor makeover.

IMG_20201012_084143.jpg

Before after pics here:

CTt3P5

TAD
Contributor
:
2008 MX-5 SE
How do you plan to use those in winter? I had those on an old car years ago, and would always leave the windows cracked open in the summer at work, without fear of water coming in during a pop-up summer rain shower. Don't think I really made use of them in winter.
Use them the same way in the summer and use them in the winter while driving to help keep the windows from fogging up. More so me as I tend to get hot when driving with the defroster on.

I'm jealous of you prime guys today. You can get cheap oil and cheap consumables for your cars. I looked at Amazon for my oil of choice and oddly they only have it in quart containers which is way too expensive.
You need to pay close attention when looking at oil on Amazon. Often the item title will display 1 qt but the price will be something way out of whack, like $96. If you look closely you find that it's actually a case of 1 qt bottles, but it's not obvious when browsing through.

Latest posts