What have you done to your CX-5 today?

I did a CRC Intake valve cleaner treatment. Followed the directions and sprayed the cleaner through the throttle body. Took others warnings to heart: the engine bogged down with spirited acceleration after letting it heatsoak. Light rattling could be heard when revving over 3k rpm at highway speeds. I got a couple of good smoke clouds the first few times. The CEL started flashing by the fourth time. Came to a stop and restarted the car. Drives fine now.

I physically cleaned my valves with B12 Chemtool with 68k miles. The CRC treatment was done at 80k. I’ll probably keep doing this every other oil change to keep things tidy.

Lol, that's kind of cheap they would charge you to upgrade the drain bolt which is really for their convinience. Tbh, after so many times it should be replaced anyways as it gets knocked. But yea, the hex is a bad design.

Yes and I noted that on the survey from Mazda USA. The national folks responded, saying my experience was NOT what they hoped to achieve and asked if I had received a followup call from the dealer (evidently they've spoken to them). I waited another 3 business days before responding I've had no followup. I also noted that this dealer waited just until the 36 month warranty expired before they decided to 'upgrade' the drain plug and there is no recall to suggest it needs to be replaced. Only my 3rd oil service on the car (I've only got 15k miles) so it certainly shouldn't be chewed up to any degree.

Took 3 days for my cabin air filter to arrive from an Illinois Mazda dealer which cost me $30 incl. tax and shipping. Local dealer wanted $60 to replace the filter which is a 2 minute job for those customers who know how to get behind the glove box.

I love my CX-5 but not looking forward to using this dealer to service it.

Had the new corksport springs installed

Attachments

• 6F2DF6BF-D773-401E-8A9E-BCF9962D92D2.jpeg
    6F2DF6BF-D773-401E-8A9E-BCF9962D92D2.jpeg
    374.9 KB · Views: 234
Just did a 60k mile spark plug replacement.

Had to make a run mid-fix to the local Harbor Freight to get extra deep 14mm socket for plugs.:rolleyes:
20200725_161211.jpg
20200725_161211.jpg
20200725_161318.jpg
20200725_161318.jpg

Dang! That's a great big bucket of suck right there!

Did something just fall onto the hatch window or do you think it was a nefarious act? Looks big and heavy whatever did that.
at first i thought the same thing but no. There are definite signs of forced entry and i lost an empty grocery bag.... yeah all that for that

Just installed this Wiechers front strut bar this weekend, works well and built like a tank, tightened up the already great handling of the CX-5.

1595911250454.png

1595911310179.png

1597025568562.png

Last edited:
Just installed this Wiechers front strut bar this weekend, works well and built like a tank, tightened up the already great handling of the CX-5.

product link (looks like a part for the UK / EU folks):

did you find a US based reseller?

View attachment 226009
View attachment 226010
The first thing in my mind when I saw the pictures of this Wiechers front strut bar is do you need to remove the bar to replace the battery and to open the brake fluid reservoir cap? ;)

Back