• Welcome to Mazdas247, the 24/7 Mazda Community and Resource. Learn about the benefits of becoming a Member here.
  • We're an Amazon Associate and eBay Partner. We earn from qualifying purchases.

What have you done to your CX-5 today?

:
Phoenix
:
2020 CX5 signature
Just finished the roof side rails. Seems to finish up the look and add sportines and SUV-ness.

I'll say this, I'd recommend OEM Mazda. The alignment was pretty tight and need to pull on them a little to get the holes to line up. That being said, I'd imagine the aftermarket one which are less than half the price might have worse fitment. I do have the aftermarket cross bars on order though.

:
2014 & 2019 CX-5 Touring(s)
I'll say this, I'd recommend OEM Mazda. The alignment was pretty tight and need to pull on them a little to get the holes to line up. That being said, I'd imagine the aftermarket one which are less than half the price might have worse fitment. I do have the aftermarket cross bars on order though.
I've no doubt that the OEM ones are good, but as I replied to your other thread, the aftermarket ones (at least the ones I got) fit perfectly fine too, with no "pulling" required:

Now I will say, the difference is that the OEM ones (I believe) have a polished-metal finish, whereas mine are silver painted (like the OEM ones on my 2014 CX-5). But from 6 feet away, you couldn't tell. And for 1/3 or 1/4 the price, I don't mind! :)

:
Chicago SW Burbs
:
'20 CX-5 Signature
I really like my Curt class II I just installed for the same purpose. All you can see is the receiver. The rest of the hitch is hidden well behind the bumper.
It is really nice! I bought the Yakima Hold Up bike rack and I'm very impressed with that as well. Sure makes transporting the bikes a lot easier.

Avoidin Deer

Zoom Zoom, baby
Contributor
:
Central Virginia
:
2019 CX-5 Reserve
Just finished the roof side rails. Seems to finish up the look and add sportines and SUV-ness.

I had my side rails done before I picked my CX-5 up for the same reason you mentioned. I like the way it says "SUV" and not "bloated sedan."

Installed LED license plate lights today. Will get a picture when it’s dark out. Also going to order red caliper covers today as the reviews look positive. Will be ordering new wheels this weekend.